StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cyclefunatic Durbanville now stocks Colnago .

good for them.....Trek and Colnago are better than that other brand they were selling[emoji106][emoji106]

New member of the family. 1983/4 Colnago Mexico in Serroni Red. She is in immaculate condition.

Awesome bike.....may you be blessed with many happy miles[emoji106][emoji106]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Might be a dumb question. I know that there are two C59 frames. A regular and a Di2 specific one.

Question is, can you put Di2 onto the regular frame?

Hi,

The regular C59 frame is set up for mechanical group-sets only whereas the C60 frames are compatible with both electronic and mechanical.

If you have any queries re Colnago, please contact mark@alpinesports.co.za (exclusive importer of a Colnago in SA).

Thanks.

Hi,

The regular C59 frame is set up for mechanical group-sets only whereas the C60 frames are compatible with both electronic and mechanical.

If you have any queries re Colnago, please contact mark@alpinesports.co.za (exclusive importer of a Colnago in SA).

Thanks.

Why can you not put Di2 on it? What are the physical constraints?

The original C59 frames were electronic/mechanical specific however after a few years of producing C59's, a dual-use frame was introduced (as per the C60). In this specific case, it would depend on how old the C59 frame in question is.

Best bet would be to ask the seller whether this is a dual-use frame as there is definitely a chance that it could be. Alternatively, if you can get us a serial number, we will be able to confirm.

Thanks.

Final note on the C59. Check whether there are cable holes on the top tube near the head-tube lug as well as on the seat-tube, near the front derailleur. If the are, it is compatible with an electronic setup. If not, it is mechanical specific.