Bridge Cycles website

CPT_Yank

Hi all. Bridge Cycles was recommended to me as a place to get a rack for the old VW Golf. I can't seem to locate their website anywhere. Anyone know?

Hi all. Bridge Cycles was recommended to me as a place to get a rack for the old VW Golf. I can't seem to locate their website anywhere. Anyone know?

I thought the Thule shop was opposite there.. maybe not

Bridge Cycles

56 De Waal Road

Diep River

Cape Town

Tel: 021 712 0974

Fax: 021 712 4841

Email: fayaz@iafrica.com

Opening times:

Mon-Thurs: 09h30 - 19h00

Fri: 09h30 - 12h00; 14h00 - 19h00

Sat 09h00 - 15h00

Sun closed

This is a real shop. Phone them & speak to a real person. Then go there and talk to real people and look at real stuff. Pay with (hopefully) real money and go home with a real bike rack. You'll find it refreshing after all the virtual stuff. :whistling:

This is a real shop. Phone them & speak to a real person. Then go there and talk to real people and look at real stuff. Pay with (hopefully) real money and go home with a real bike rack. You'll find it refreshing after all the virtual stuff. :whistling:

I appreciate the useful response, DJR.

Give Revolution Cycles in Bree Street cape town a shout. They are Official Thule dealers. Speak to Sterling Snr, or Jnr

Holdfast vs Thule.. hmmm

I have two H'fast racks but look at Thule in envy. This while I drive around with bikes on the back with racks that I am actually happy with.. I wish I could understand this!?

Must say the Holdfast was cheaper.. am I cheap?

Naa, man, If I could get away with a holdfast rack on my previous car then I would have. Thule are the only ones rated for gooseneck towbars.

Holdfast vs Thule.. hmmm

I have two H'fast racks but look at Thule in envy. This while I drive around with bikes on the back with racks that I am actually happy with.. I wish I could understand this!?

Must say the Holdfast was cheaper.. am I cheap?

Holdfast does exactly what Thule does. It transports your bikes quite safely. the Thule may look nicer, but why pay for looks. Then again, we are cyclists, we pay huge amounts of additional cash just to get the bike that looks nicer.

Thanks, guys. I'll call around and see if I can find something that fits and isn't too expensive. I'm pimpin' a 2001 Golf wagon so clearly style isn't high in my list of priorities. :-)

I have the older towbar mounted rack with a key lock - its excellent for short jaunts - do a long drive and gravel roads and the hang on racks take strain - the platic pivots wear away, the horizantal arms hang down, and the bikes can actually slip off the back . The newer ones may be better, but be aware the Thules are not all rated for the same loads