26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

Right now it's 26 vs 29, new technology always going to come right after you made your purchase. 29' are kicking ass right now cause cause of the advantage they have with larger diameter wheels, in my personal opinion the advantage of the 29' out ways the disadvantage.

Another of my personal opinion is that each should have their own race category, then there will be fairness & less pressure in having to upgrade to stay in touch with the competition.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the advantages and disadvantages of 29ers? I want real world answers, not something written by the marketing department. Having only riidden a 29er for about 30 seconds I have no real experience of them.

dude everybody knows its the paint job that makes the bike faster. :whistling: But to be serious good luck i recently bought a mtb and had the same questions, best thing is to get on one of each and see which gives you the confidence to beat the bush. I ended up on a 26" bike and am loving it as opposed to riding road.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of 29ers? I want real world answers, not something written by the marketing department. Having only riidden a 29er for about 30 seconds I have no real experience of them.

Lots going either way, but it's all relative to where you ride, how you ride and how you like a bike to "feel" and perform. One's disadvantage is someone else's advantage.

dude everybody knows its the paint job that makes the bike faster. :whistling:

LOL .... and Marketing

The thing is a couple of my mats ride 29 and every switch back they either get off or end struggling or take a large radius … and I just hate that.

Which shop stocks 27.5 bikes ?

The simple answer lies here:

Advanced This topic

LOL .... and Marketing

The thing is a couple of my mats ride 29 and every switch back they either get off or end struggling or take a large radius … and I just hate that.

Which shop stocks 27.5 bikes ?

You need to find some mates that can actually ride bikes! Lol!

I was chatting to my friend overseas who used to own my LBS there, she now works for one of the UK's biggest distributors, Fisher Outdoor (she is friends with Danny Hart & the co founder of Sram, I forget his name right now) and the whole 650B is gonna be huge by the end of this year, she also says that 29ers have NOT become as big a thing there as they have here.

Edited by Caerus

I was chatting to my friend overseas who used to own my LBS there, she now works for one of the UK's biggest distributors, (she is friends with Danny Hart & the co founder of Sram, I forget his name right now) and the whole 650B is gonna be huge by the end of this year, she also says that 29ers have NOT become as big a thing there as they have here.

This is the idea I got from the magazine article and hence my question . in other words it would be wise decision to wait a while and see what the market does . if you have a 26 bike your resale value is in nothing any way .

This is the idea I got from the magazine article and hence my question . in other words it would be wise decision to wait a while and see what the market does . if you have a 26 bike your resale value is in nothing any way .

no, the right thing to do would be to get a bike that suits you and your riding style / pocket / taste. Don't let the market rule what you want to get, unless it becomes a price issue, which it shouldn't. 29 & 26 & 27.5 is going to be around for a while yet.

Get what you feel is right for you.

no, the right thing to do would be to get a bike that suits you and your riding style / pocket / taste. Don't let the market rule what you want to get, unless it becomes a price issue, which it shouldn't. 29 & 26 & 27.5 is going to be around for a while yet.

Get what you feel is right for you.

+1 , What he said. :thumbup: For myself personally, my budget dictated that I could not build a 29er that would come in at under 10kg, so I have gone for a new carbon 26" frame with the 650B wheels( in the next few months I will get my new wheels), and should be slightly over 10kg with the bigger wheels.

I would seriously consider buying a 27.5inch. I don't have any scientific backing for this, just feel like it. Question is: which brands actually makes 27.5inch bikes? I know specialized has/had one

@ Caerus

http://www.650bpalace.com

Good Advice Caerus. That's what i am doing to my Cannondale Taurine / Lefty.

That way I can run 26' on Tech / Muddy course (for clearance reasons) and 650B on the longer Marathon style Routes.

Jamis has a few , thrown my jamis Ht around alot learning the ways of mtb'ing and its still in 1 piece , think i might support them again soon , seems like a company just getting on with it not too much hoopla.

Well a bit..

post-20718-0-59015800-1330020195.jpg

post-20718-0-05849200-1330020221.jpg

post-20718-0-09094400-1330020230.jpg

Edited by 2nutz