What is your oldest gear you still use

FanieFiets

My pair of specialized road shoes. They are about 5 years old and think I might have walked more km's in them than my running shoes! Hope they go another 5 years.

Have cyclelab bib as well around 5 years. Only good for early morning rides as my mates complain it is see-thru.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of Santini bibs which are still fit for use after 5 yrs +.

It's made from what Santini call touring fabric ... thicker & stronger than average lycra.

Also has gel chamois for a bit of extra comfort. :)

Good shoes and helmets generally last a long time.

1996 Gary Fisher cycling Jersey that matched my then Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo .... (what a nice bike that was)

That jersey is great still for retro rides and as a base layer on cold outings on the bike

A pair of Falke socks that my dad used to wear for cycling - use it for races only (just merely because they are the only longer than ankle length socks I have) - they date back to pre-1993 (when my one sister was born).

Still have Suntour components lying around from back in the day too.

My Spez saddle that I'[ve has since 2003, it has now been moved over to my new build, love it. Not sure it looks to good on the new bike :unsure:

I have a woollen Le Cog Sportif jersey cycling jersey from the ' 70s I use for Sunday morning pub runs on the fixie. Got it - and some other cool stuff, like a 7-Eleven skinsuit - from my ex-father-in-law.

I have a pair of look pedals on my road bike. They are at about 13 years old and I love em. They work so well that I dont see the need to upgrade.

I have a woollen Le Cog Sportif jersey cycling jersey from the ' 70s I use for Sunday morning pub runs on the fixie. Got it - and some other cool stuff, like a 7-Eleven skinsuit - from my ex-father-in-law.

I still have old school CWC kit! Still that old type fabric post wool. Long and short sleeve - also my dad's old stuff (that I don't wear anymore)

I got a new le coq sportif / tour de boland jersey - looks damn nice! Will have to take a pic and post here.