Cyclingpeaks question

Jason

OK...

So after riding with the PT for a while and then uploading it to Cyclingpeaks I have come to realise that the extra 10 minutes only gets added when the speed drops to 0kph... Which in some cases has to happen because of robots etc? So if I have to stop at say 6 robots and my speed dropped to 0kph you do the math (Or are you not smarter than a 5th grader? Wink) OK OK in total it would add 60 minutes, so that's a whole hour it would add to the workout when actually I only rode for say 4 hours.

Now why would this happen? Is there a setting on the CPU of the PT? Today I did a 100km's and stopped at 1 robot (Yes skipped the rest and through lotsa middle fingers Evil%20Smile) and checked the file in comparison to my polar's time and where I stopped thats where the 10 minutes got added.

Hope this helps BikeMax and Dr.Watt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason,

Did the drops appear in the data downloaded by WKO and PowerAgent?

I have some spare CPU's here in Joburg, you are welcome to try one out to see if it is in fact a CPU problem.

Jason' date='

Did the drops appear in the data downloaded by WKO and PowerAgent?

I have some spare CPU's here in Joburg, you are welcome to try one out to see if it is in fact a CPU problem.
[/quote'] Hi bruce,

Thanks!

Don't think it's a problem with the data, the power data is always there, it's just that when I come to a complete stop say like at a robot, stop street etc it adds 10 minutes to the workout. I'm not that good at explaining but say I ride for 2 hours and stop twice, it will add 20 minutes... So it would look something like this...

Duration: 2:00:00 (2:20:00)

So the actual time is there and then the time in brackets. Only problem is on the graph it stretches over 2:20:00

I was wondering if there is a setting for this?

I think I understand what you are seeing, I was just wanting to know if you downloaded rides this weekend using both WKO (Cyclingpeaks) and PowerAgent, and you were seeing the same thing in both sets of data?

If you are, it is clearly a CPU problem.  I have a spare that you can use to check the problem.

...If you are' date=' it is clearly a CPU problem.  I have a spare that you can use to check the problem.[/quote'] Thanks bruce! Will try and arrange with you to get the spare so I can test. Will drop you an email.

So if I have to stop at say 6 robots and my speed dropped to 0kph you do the math (Or are you not smarter than a 5th grader? Wink)

I am smarter than a 5th Grader! The answer is simple, you don't need the likes of esteemed inventors like Dr Watt and Engineers like Bruce Diesel to figure this out. You just need to call on Super Heroes like Might Mouse and Pantani... What are you stopping at traffic lights for???? Simple, whack it full bore through the lights, 35km/h, no need to stop, no need to drop to 0 km/h, no more adding 10 minutes and problem solved... Big%20smile

In the words of a famous super hero, "It's not much of a training ride if you have to stop at traffic lights..."

The actual problem is that Jason needs to stop every now and again to get his breath back, he just hasn't got the guts to tell Michelle so he made up this 10 minute story. Wink

The actual problem is that Jason needs to stop every now and again to get his breath back' date=' he just hasn't got the guts to tell Michelle so he made up this 10 minute story. Wink  [/quote'] Thanks IanJ... Your help here on the hub and where ever you are is much appreciated by us all TongueWink. The last time I stopped, I think I was waiting for you at the top of the hill? That was a 30 minute break Big%20smileWink Just kidding. How the legs after the repeats?

LOLLOLLOL

Yesterday they were feeling quite heavy, did an easy 106km ride on the Cradle route. Today feeling good.

More importantly how are you? Are you still battling with the shoulder and how's the roasties?

What are you stopping at traffic lights for???? Simple' date=' whack it full bore through the lights, 35km/h, no need to stop, no need to drop to 0 km/h, no more adding 10 minutes and problem solved... Big%20smile

In the words of a famous super hero, "It's not much of a training ride if you have to stop at traffic lights..."
[/quote']

Unless of course you are training to stop at Traffic Lights Wink

I like your logic, the faster you go through a traffic light, the less time you spend in the intersection, the lower the likelihood you will be hit by a car.

Roasties are healing nicely... Shoulders still sore Ouch... Think I've pulled ligaments so I can't climb out of the saddle, not that I'm allowed to. Michelle is looking after it so it helps having a "All-in-One" girlfriend Big%20smile.

What are you stopping at traffic lights for???? Simple' date=' whack it full bore through the lights, 35km/h, no need to stop, no need to drop to 0 km/h, no more adding 10 minutes and problem solved... Big%20smile

[/quote']

Unless of course you are training to stop at Traffic Lights Wink

I like your logic, the faster you go through a traffic light, the less time you spend in the intersection, the lower the likelihood you will be hit by a car.
Shocked

Stopping at traffic lights is my new years resolution! Approve even when racing Wacko

Michelle is looking after it so it helps having a "All-in-One" girlfriend Big%20smile.

Geez, she also cleans your bike!  I'm impressed!!

Michelle is looking after it so it helps having a "All-in-One" girlfriend Big%20smile.

Geez' date=' she also cleans your bike!  I'm impressed!!
[/quote'] LOL No no no... Michelle and Miss Cervelo are not on good terms at the moment. Michelle is always complaining that Miss Cervelo gets more "ride" time so the cleaning part I still have to do Disapprove.

... Michelle is always complaining that Miss Cervelo gets more "ride" time so the cleaning part I still have to do Disapprove.
I guess that no-one dares go there??LOLLOL

LOL

I just experienced the same problem as Jason - some 10min added into my file from my ride today.

Dr Watt, wot's goin' on!!  Will send you the file.