'Dale

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SA Champs Klerksdorp.

In the middle of the road!!

Not the guy asking about removing skidmarks from his chamois a while ago by any chance :whistling:

Edited by Grebel

I though it was dry humour...

Can't remember if it was dry or wett.....

Bwahahahah

No ways.....did he get dq?

Nope. Not as far as I can remember. Happened in the Vets 35-39 bunch.

Some people......

Can't remember if it was dry or wett.....

Bwahahahah

Nope. Not as far as I can remember. Happened in the Vets 35-39 bunch.

Some people......

have no skaam :blush:

No one's owned up yet.

Must be fabricated information.

er

:ph34r:

I recall it a while back on the Hub, his name was also mentioned at the time.

... for making a pee pee near the start line of one of the last 4 races in the Western Cape?

:oops:

This is according to the newest PPA report.

Where did you get this report?

Two sides here: Event Hosts doesn't want riders p!ssing on their property (think schools etc where there are hygine consequences) and riders standing in the shute for over an hour. At most of the events there are portapotties at the start shute for the odd emergency, so why not use these?

Where did you get this report?

E mail from PPA to members...

Edited by ' Dale

E mail from PPA to members...

Got that same email and also noticed the number of DQs for white line crossing - I guess they're getting tougher on safety after the unfortunate recent accidents.

Coincidentally was training with a buddy this morning who told me of such a DQ in the bunch he was riding on Tour de Stelenbosch. Apparently the DQ rider was a member of a 10 man odd team, and gave the Marshall a torrent of abuse and swearing. I guess it's tough when you're battling along and suddenly get singled out like that, especially when your adrenalin is pumping. I'm in the camp though that the Marshals work hard for us for little reward and deserve thanks not abuse, whatever stature of rider you are - so I hope there was a proper apology afterwards.

Why not have a hall of shame on the ppa site? At the moment the newsletter seems to be holding back a bit.

DISQUALIFICATION STATS

In the past four events, 16 riders were disqualified for crossing the white line; one rider was disqualified for receiving assistance from a vehicle; five cyclists were investigated for starting ahead of their seeded groups of which two were disqualified; two cyclists were disqualified and another received a warning for wearing incorrect numbers; five cyclists were investigated for urinating near the start line and three for littering.

How about mugshots with a nice icon next to the face to indicate the nature of the misdeed?

One for the next PPA AGM maybe.

http://memebee.com/vancouver/images/smilies/poo.gif Motion carried?

Why not have a hall of shame on the ppa site? At the moment the newsletter seems to be holding back a bit.

How about mugshots with a nice icon next to the face to indicate the nature of the misdeed?

One for the next PPA AGM maybe.

http://memebee.com/vancouver/images/smilies/poo.gif Motion carried?

Aye