Tokai Access

(Deon)

Who is this bloohub fool? I have been riding tokai for about ten years. A lot has changed. Some of it by my own hand but all of it by people who care.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this bloohub fool? I have been riding tokai for about ten years. A lot has changed. Some of it by my own hand but all of it by people who care.

Search for his content - he has made some really valuable contributions to The Hub lately.

How many of you are riding Tokai since 2000?

?????? I thought so

Since 2000 wen it was R2 to enter, nothing much changed, except for the fairy garden.

Stop complaining, and shitting your panties bout wot other people are doing.

Stop acting like a bunch of roadies

I wouldn't worry about the ramblings, each are entitled to their opinion, if it was only clear. I'm not sure if it is a criticism or just an observation of difference in entry fee between then and now?? Either way, would be good to know how he has contributed towards mountain biking since he started riding.

I'm betting this is a bash and run.. care to enlighten us Bloohub?

FYI, the training of the law enforcement group for Tokai has started and as predicted when I started the thread, activity cards and daily access permit checks are top priority.

So no free entry then? I have my card checked at the gate about once a year! Then again I think all the guys recognise me so no worries.

Guest Omega Man

FYI, the training of the law enforcement group for Tokai has started and as predicted when I started the thread, activity cards and daily access permit checks are top priority.

Cool. I've got my Access card. That and my multi tool are permanent features in my pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get an Access Card is more of a PITA than it needs to be.

Mine expired, so I went to the Westlake office to renew it.

But they have moved, so I went to the office closer to the forest.

It seems that their requirements have changed since last year - you now need 2 x ID photos and proof of residence and the card has gone from R200.00 to R300.00.

Needless to say, I didn't have photos of P.O.R. so I left empty handed.

I had to chuckle at the level of security required to go and play in the forest.

• 1 month later...

howzit okes. I am new to riding at Tokai. What are the rules regarding payment to ride there? If you have an Activity Card do you still have to pay an entry fee?

No, if

howzit okes. I am new to riding at Tokai. What are the rules regarding payment to ride there? If you have an Activity Card do you still have to pay an entry fee?

Nope, no other charges if your activity card is mountainbike specific. Show your card at the gate and go ride.

No, if

Nope, no other charges if your activity card is mountainbike specific. Show your card at the gate and go ride.

thanks. One more - where can we get the card?

At Tokai, half way up the road leading to the Manor house, after crossing the river, is an office on the right. They will issue you with a card. There are certain req's such as photos and ID I think.. Check the SANParks/TMNP website for more detail..

At Tokai, half way up the road leading to the Manor house, after crossing the river, is an office on the right. They will issue you with a card. There are certain req's such as photos and ID I think.. Check the SANParks/TMNP website for more detail..

thanks Edited by MTBorDIE

To be precise. You can buy your Activity Card here too:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000215 EndHTML:0000010257 StartFragment:0000002907 EndFragment:0000010221 SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/admin/Desktop/CAPE%20TOWN%20TOURISM%20SALES%20SITES%20FOR%20THE%20TMNP.docx

CAPE TOWN TOURISM SALES SITES FOR THE TMNP ‘MY GREEN CARD’ & ‘MY ACTIVITY PERMIT’

CITY CENTRE

Pinnacle Building, Cnr Burg & Castle Streets

t: +27 (0)21 487 6800 • f: +27 (0)21 487 6859

<a href="mailto:central@capetown.travel">central@capetown.travel

MUIZENBERG

The Pavilion, Beach Road

t: +27 (0)21 787 9140 • f: +27 (0)21 787 9150

muizenberg@capetown.travel

HOUT BAY

4 Andrews Road

t: +27 (0)21 791 8380 • f: +27 (0)21 791 8399

houtbay@capetown.travel