Let me chip in - many more to come.

Cannondale Lefty Alu frame

'Dale sometimes I think you are the Cannondale spokesperson for RSA :thumbup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for 20k you can,get a brand new Scott spark elite 29er Reba fork xt groupset I'm not fond of the dtswiss rear shock but the best value money can but atm

Scott Spark 29 Elite has got to be the best value for that sort of money.

And in terms of bike stores, what would you guys recommend? I live near Sandton.

I would like to go to a bike store where the guys aren't going to try and flog me something purely because they have the dealership. I am looking for somewhere where they guys will recommend me the best possible without trying to rip me off.

And in terms of bike stores, what would you guys recommend? I live near Sandton.

I would like to go to a bike store where the guys aren't going to try and flog me something purely because they have the dealership. I am looking for somewhere where they guys will recommend me the best possible without trying to rip me off.

I generally have little faith in bikeshops unless you have a very good relationship with someone working their. Bikeshops will punt their brands. What you doing now by getting people's opinions is a good start but you will have to test ride the bike and aslo see if you like the look of it. No point riding a bike you don't want to be on.

My wife chose her Cube AMS 110 SL becuase it looked sexy to her. She didn't know anything about the componets and now any chance she gets she is on her bike.

+ 1 on that one

superlight is not one of Santa's best bikes, BB too low and way too much flex in the triangle, very few people were happy with their superlights.

It's best to look at a number of shops. I know what you mean. I've often had customers who are shopping around say the guy at such-and-such a bike shop says the brand we're selling at my shop is crap. I never run down other brands. Also have a look at Omnico's website. You may be able to get even more bang for your buck on an older model bike.

With R20 000 I'd built one from parts on the hub, Many people say it costs alot more BUT if you're patient you'll get some new stuff @ second-hand prices. I Built my bike for R12000 and I would say the same bike in the shop is about R30 000.

Normally a Hard Tail teaches you to ride proper lines, where us duallies get soft and just gooi mielies over most things :) however the reverse is true, lock out your shocks on a duallie and you can learn to ride the correct lines just as easily, so i say go with a dual.

Good bikes in that price range. And there are quite a couple

Gaint Anthem X2

Scot Spark

Alternativly just by my old anthem she's a stunner :P

There are a few anthem bikes on the hub .if you are not a tall bloke get a 26 inch anthem .Most versatile happy customer bike you can buy

Hey man, If my 2cents help, id definitely go for a softy for your kind of riding. And your boss may have done the epic... fantastic. but for R20000 you can definitely get an awesome dual suspension. He sounds like the man with all the gear no idea. Id also look for a 2011 bike, they normally drop the price right down and you'll still be getting a fantastic bike with all the warranties service etc. enjoy!!!

There are a few anthem bikes on the hub .if you are not a tall bloke get a 26 inch anthem .Most versatile happy customer bike you can buy

Yeah its my giggle bike, you get on it you just smile ear to ear. But alas the new toy needs upgrades.