Close encounter with a Black Mamba...

BrianMTB

I was cycling with a mate of mine at Virginia Trails yesterday. About 15 km into the ride, I heard this hissssss sound next to with my mate on my tail. As I look, I just saw this huge black Mamba about a meter from me and with his front body about a meter in the air. Due to the long grass, could not see how long he was, but was about as thick as my wrist. From that sise I presume he was BIG and not something to make friends with. As I went passed, he start sailing in the opposite direction lowering his head slowly. I stopped a few meters later, just to get all my brackets and bearings in order and to make sure my pants is still fine! Lol

Sheeesh!!!! :w00t:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday afternoon at Tranquilitas in Watervalboven, I wake up after my afternoon snooze to discover a number of people crowded around in a semi-circle. A small puffie had got hold of a frog which must have been bigger than itself as it battled to slither away. Everyone watched until it slithered towards the ladies toilets and disappeared.

My thoughts exactly.

Not as big as a cobra's, but when they rear up they do spread the neck area in a similar way - damn frightening.

See pic above (addition)

Edited by BrianMTB

A Black Mamba is not something I want to come across. It seems in america keeping this snake is the latest craze think I'll skip that on my list of creepy crawlies.

A bit off topic, but I heard that there are now more Tigers kept in captivity in the Staes then there are in the wild. Thats flipping crazy.

hahahahah mamba's dont grow to 8ft

Ah... yeah they do. 8ft is actually on the small side for a Mamba

A bit off topic, but I heard that there are now more Tigers kept in captivity in the Staes then there are in the wild. Thats flipping crazy.

"Tigers" as in the feline species or the "reptile" species.?

"Tigers" as in the feline species or the "reptile" species.?

Tigers as in the feline persuassion, was something I heard in a documentry the other day. Its terrible if its true. Just the comment about the people in the States keeping Black Mambas made me think about it.

Tigers as in the feline persuassion, was something I heard in a documentry the other day. Its terrible if its true. Just the comment about the people in the States keeping Black Mambas made me think about it.

Yeah, its possible I guess although I wouldn't know. I saw a show once in Vegas the Siegfried and Roy show with an apparently tame White tiger, it was a fantastic show and it was a magnificent beast who actually lived in the lap of luxury, was well cared for as you can imagine, no food issues, but one day it turned on Roy, grabbed him by the base of the neck and dragged him off stage before the audience, he suffered massive blood loss and damage to his throat but he survived and of course that was the end of the show.

Turns out he was a big advocate of the plight of the Tiger and bred them at his ranch in Vegas, at one time he had about 40 tigers on his ranch, ironic hey, but there you go, they remain wild animals no matter what.

Last Sunday at Oak Valley I came within cm's of a Puffy. At first I thought I had a tubeless puncture, but then the hissing was too long and loud for the speed I was doing. :unsure:

This has probably been posted before, but I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago. still trying to figure out how this happened. but it's a good reminder of why you shouldn't ride alone - would be a much more complicated task if you had no one else to help

post-11443-0-80853900-1332451306.jpg

This has probably been posted before, but I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago. still trying to figure out how this happened. but it's a good reminder of why you shouldn't ride alone - would be a much more complicated task if you had no one else to help

Ja look. If that were me, and I was alone - I'd be walking home... Interesting insurance claim... :eek: