Your latest upgrade?!?!?!

Cruz Addict

i upgraded all our bikes to XT12 brakesets........... icetec rotors...... resin pads......OMFG do they STOP....

<hijack on> btw, check the classifieds, i have an extra set, brand new, priced to GO..........

Where is the ad? Here it is Edited by Caerus

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put these oukies on my Intense recently. Don't have pic of the bike with the new rims on yet. Will post soon.

post-21619-0-50885900-1331789723.jpg

Handlebar time for me, want to replace my RaceFace Respond 710x35mm rise with one of the following:

Spank Spoon 740x5mm rise or,

Da Bomb Bazooka 12.5mm rise.

I think I'll sleep over it and place the order in the morning.

what bike will these be going on?

I'd recommend the Spank Spoons but with the 20mm rise. 5mm is a tad low. 35mm is on the high side (I find), so anything from 12.5 - 20mm is perfect.

green grips, dont match.......... get a white set or totally diff colour??????

I pride myself on a bike that looks like a christmas tree! :lol:

But yeah I hear ya! ...it's not quite the same green as the frame. Fortunately my hands cover the grip while I ride (I haven't learnt how to ride with 1 hand yet).

I'll probably put orange grips on next. white grips are only white grips for 2 rides. then they start changing to cream grips then beige grips then brown grips.

Upgraded my groupset to SRAM X9 2 x 10 and man what a differance, really happy with the money spent(it was not much :whistling: ). But my best upgrade must be these babies. Even for a big fat unfit dude like me thay work a treat :clap:

post-7810-0-06479400-1331792988.jpg

I pride myself on a bike that looks like a christmas tree! :lol:

But yeah I hear ya! ...it's not quite the same green as the frame. Fortunately my hands cover the grip while I ride (I haven't learnt how to ride with 1 hand yet).

I'll probably put orange grips on next. white grips are only white grips for 2 rides. then they start changing to cream grips then beige grips then brown grips.

Orange might just POP!!! go for it...

White grips would be AWESOME.... trust me... even if it was just for a photo session or 3 rides.... it would be SICK......

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24585

you know you want to.....

white would look cool... not sure about the blue and red lock-ons though... looks a little too starts & stripes (on in Peaty's case, union jack) for me.

The orange ones I had in mind were these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/41525-4.jpg

and how are you finding the shorter stem? Do you feel way more "connected" to the steering?

During the 6 week wait for that Easton stem, I was running an 85mm stem. It was terrible. 50mm feels way better.

As far as red stems go I think these look killer

http://www.koo-bikes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/h/dh-stem-red.gif.gif

but not to fear... now you can upgrade your bars to red to compliment the black stem ;)

ps. go wide (around 720mm) with a lowish rise (15 - 25mm). Donate the bar ends to starving orphans in Houghton, and you'll have a mean-trail-eating-machine!

Something like these

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/cms-files/986-0-full-atlasfr-red-7.jpg

i am loving the shorter stem, the bike came with a 120mm stem which just felt odd, i am 6ft so have a large frame but it felt like i was riding over the wheel the whole time, shorter stem just feels better, cant say i have noticed much of a difference in the feel of the steering but it is more comfortable.

i have however just ordered the race face bars you posted, so my mrs thanks you!! :clap: :devil:

i am loving the shorter stem, the bike came with a 120mm stem which just felt odd, i am 6ft so have a large frame but it felt like i was riding over the wheel the whole time, shorter stem just feels better, cant say i have noticed much of a difference in the feel of the steering but it is more comfortable.

i have however just ordered the race face bars you posted, so my mrs thanks you!! :clap: :devil:

I'm 6'1" and also on a large, and had the same feeling with the longer stem... like you were over the front wheel. What also didn't feel too great is when you try counstersteer a corner with a long stem. Applying the force on the bar to produce the countersteer also causes the wheel to pull inwards, making for a very dodgy cornering feel.

As for the bars... excellent choice good sir! When your Mrs sees how nice and bling they are I'm sure all will be forgiven :lol:

But please tell me you're not going to cut down the width, or put bar ends on those beauties?! ;)

I'm 6'1" and also on a large, and had the same feeling with the longer stem... like you were over the front wheel. What also didn't feel too great is when you try counstersteer a corner with a long stem. Applying the force on the bar to produce the countersteer also causes the wheel to pull inwards, making for a very dodgy cornering feel.

As for the bars... excellent choice good sir! When your Mrs sees how nice and bling they are I'm sure all will be forgiven :lol:

But please tell me you're not going to cut down the width, or put bar ends on those beauties?! ;)

no width will stay the same but do like my bar-ends. may reconsider when the bars arrive bur for now the plan is a transplant from current to the new.

I took the leap to riding rigid. Dropped about 1500g from the weight of the bike. Yes, it's bumpy but accelerates like a demon!

post-19617-0-18916700-1331802100.jpg

my new upgrade list on my new Cannondale flash 3 ( stock it has this silly stuff called sram , it had to be removed :devil: ).

New wheels , rear hub Hope evo 2 front stock lefty hub

new tires , ritchey

new bars , race face turbine 600 flats

new grips green

new gear cables green clarks

new xt cranks 40/26

new bb30 first bb with adaptor to fit xt's

xtr pedals

xt cassette

xt chain

hope Evolution seatpost

selle itallia slr saddle

Aloy green valve caps

Green chain ring studs

Will post some pics . she looks the shizzz.

my new upgrade list on my new Cannondale flash 3 ..

hope Evolution seatpost

Did it come with the carbon Save seatpost? still got it?

Did it come with the carbon Save seatpost? still got it?

Sorry its gone , for me carbon saet posts and bars are bad news.

There is however one for sale in clasifieds .

I took the leap to riding rigid. Dropped about 1500g from the weight of the bike. Yes, it's bumpy ........

As most find out.

My latest upgrades.

American Classic 29'er Race wheels and this.

post-4100-0-19578000-1331804178.jpg

As most find out.

My latest upgrades.

American Classic 29'er Race wheels and this.

post-4100-0-19578000-1331804178.jpg

When you say bumpy, how much more bumpy does it feel. Secondly how does it effect your riding not having the suspension?

When you say bumpy, how much more bumpy does it feel. Secondly how does it effect your riding not having the suspension?

It's not as bad as one would expect. It does give you loads more trail feedback, which I consider a good thing. You have to choose your line more carefully, which will make you a better rider. It's so responsive, the front end reacts in a heartbeat to rocks, roots etc.

Fast rocky downhills are a lot less comfortable, but for the rest, I don't see a disadvantage at all.

I find climbing and accelerating to be noticeably faster and it's easier to lift the front end by applying power to the pedals to clear obstacles.

Edited by divernick