Your latest upgrade?!?!?!

Cruz Addict

It's not as bad as one would expect. It does give you loads more trail feedback, which I consider a good thing. You have to choose your line more carefully, which will make you a better rider. It's so responsive, the front end reacts in a heartbeat to rocks, roots etc.

Fast rocky downhills are a lot less comfortable, but for the rest, I don't see a disadvantage at all.

I find climbing and accelerating to be noticeably faster and it's easier to lift the front end by applying power to the pedals to clear obstacles.

Having just moved onto a hardtail(with front suspension ), I'm finding choosing your line is very important, something I was lazy with with on my full-sus, I rode the full sus yesterday and felt so much better. Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say bumpy, how much more bumpy does it feel. Secondly how does it effect your riding not having the suspension?

More bumpy than people think.

Yes it does slow you down, especially rocky and pump terrain.

But then again I survived an Atta like that, if I have to race for podium spot, I am sure to lose time.

More bumpy than people think.

Yes it does slow you down, especially rocky and pump terrain.

But then again I survived an Atta like that, if I have to race for podium spot, I am sure to lose time.

I agree, I would think that I'd be slower on rough terrain. BUT. faster on smooth climbs and flowing single track where nimble handling and quick accelleration are an advantage. Overall, I expect that I'll have both time gains and losses.

I agree, I would think that I'd be slower on rough terrain. BUT. faster on smooth climbs and flowing single track where nimble handling and quick accelleration are an advantage. Overall, I expect that I'll have both time gains and losses.

I reckon the gains are minimal to the losses.

But it's oh so nice.

Upgraded my groupset to SRAM X9 2 x 10 and man what a differance, really happy with the money spent(it was not much :whistling: ). But my best upgrade must be these babies. Even for a big fat unfit dude like me thay work a treat :clap:
i have the exact setup and i loved it at barberton you will be very happy

Sounds like you know who I am, am I on some Interpol hitlist that I don't know about?

looks like hopefully not a stalker :w00t: ..... anyways wish a good speedy recovery

looks like hopefully not a stalker :w00t: ..... anyways wish a good speedy recovery

Better chance of him to stalk me, than the other way round. My ID number/telephone numbers / email addresses / residential address / etc are all on file somewhere where he can get access to it under his own roof. Maybe he just has to use the magic word "please".

That said, I'm sure there will be no stalking, not from either side. I really hope z gets to take those new wheels of his for a spin soon!

Edited by HEman

my new upgrade list on my new Cannondale flash 3 ( stock it has this silly stuff called sram , it had to be removed :devil: ).

New wheels , rear hub Hope evo 2 front stock lefty hub

new tires , ritchey

new bars , race face turbine 600 flats

new grips green

new gear cables green clarks

new xt cranks 40/26

new bb30 first bb with adaptor to fit xt's

xtr pedals

xt cassette

xt chain

hope Evolution seatpost

selle itallia slr saddle

Aloy green valve caps

Green chain ring studs

Will post some pics . she looks the shizzz.

yes please show some pics! :thumbup:

crappy phone pics

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/meezo1/IMG_20120314_185202.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/meezo1/IMG_20120314_185248.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/meezo1/IMG_20120314_185227.jpg

ok so i have decided the new Bars( sitting in customs at the moment) needed new grips so bought whit transparent rubber grips, and some KCNC bar plugs, anodized red of coarse. :w00t:

the next upgrade are a set of Dirty Dog discs, very very cool, expensive but cool. :devil: :devil: :devil:

post-19041-0-59060400-1332226401.jpg

post-19041-0-62431300-1332226469.jpg

these just arrived from Chain reaction.

am like a kid in a candy store, cant wait to fit them.

Chromag... saweeet!! :thumbup:

The choice of one of my favourite riders (Mr Semenuk).

You're going to have to barspin those puppies to do them justice ;)

ok so i have decided the new Bars( sitting in customs at the moment) needed new grips so bought whit transparent rubber grips, and some KCNC bar plugs, anodized red of coarse. :w00t:

the next upgrade are a set of Dirty Dog discs, very very cool, expensive but cool. :devil: :devil: :devil:

That rotor is insaaaaaane!