What would a shock upgrade bring?

RoboLuke

Once again you amaze :) im going to inform all the DH guys they have flexy forks. :P I suggest you go back to the drawing board on singular assumptions mate, not going to argue this point. If you dont like opinion based on fact deal with it. This thread has been taken and destroyed by people that are simply argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Go drop RS a mail and ask them which forks have the most flex. Maybe then youll get the picture.

and for that reason they have triple crown and 40mm stantions to accommodate the added lengf.. or there would be flex..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been taken and destroyed by people that are simply argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

Like me? :whistling:

ROFL. Yeah. Anyway... I'd love a revelation. Would make things so much clearer...

Edited by cptmayhem

and for that reason they have triple crown and 40mm stantions to accommodate the added lengf.. or there would be flex..

Sense!

Like me? :whistling:

ROFL. Yeah. Anyway... I'd love a revelation. Would make things so much clearer...

Nope Mayhem you speak sense, it was aimed at the carion eater ;)

"At first glance, the 2012 SID 29 and Reba 29 look the same. That's because both forks share the same chassis, in the form of lower legs, upper tubes and crown. The main external differences are the decals and the crown-steerer, which is carbon fibre on the SID World Cup and alloy elsewhere.

“Instead of having two dedicated separate chassis, we decided to design one single chassis and allow the internals and some of the details to differentiate the two product lines,” Jeremiah Boobar, RockShox’s cross-country and trail product manager, told BikeRadar. It's these internal differences that ensure the SID (it stands for Superlight Integrated Design) remains the pinnacle of RockShox’s cross-country line."

Stiffness should be the same then?

Chances are the carbon crown will be stiffer, but only a test bench will be able to tell.

Ooohhh!

Hummm............now we enter the realms of assumption.

Ooohhh!

Hummm............now we enter the realms of assumption.

Hehe, yes.

Dammit people!

It is a STANCHION..........

Thanks! :thumbup:

That's why the REBA offers 80-120 out the box, and the Revelation 110 - 160.

Rev can do 150mm travel max

Nope Mayhem you speak sense, it was aimed at the carion eater ;)

I take it you're referring to the post where he was echoing what I was saying. :blink: Sorry to bust your chops but sometimes there's just so must **** out there one can not help but to reply. :clap:

Edited by The Crow

My sincerest appologies to the OP seems i was mistaken, You may now have a hollowed out Reba, with the some SID and ons Reba shared internals, and a revelation crown, Which will give you a lightweight, stiff Reba looking SID.

So in short they took the crap chassis of the 2011 SID the crap stanchions of the 2011 sid, the crap Crown of the 2011 SID and replaced it parts from their better forks.

for the price differential involved stick with your current Reba.