MTB world cup now on SS5

The Ghost

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillip Buys finished 51st and Renay Gouwstra 78th respectively

If we may send a 2nd rider to the Olympic games, then i would send James Reid to gain experience for the 2016 Games, based on his 4th place today in the u23 race. I have the future of Mtb in SA in mind, with my choice as a 2nd rider.

Phillip Buys finished 51st and Renay Gouwstra 78th respectively If we may send a 2nd rider to the Olympic games, then i would send James Reid to gain experience for the 2016 Games, based on his 4th place today in the u23 race. I have the future of Mtb in SA in mind, with my choice as a 2nd rider.

Good call!

Wow, Nino in the technical bits was a monster.

I see a number thats going to become popular in future.....

27.5 (650b)

Can you play 27.5 on the lotto??

Nino was riding with 27.5 wheels....

Man, that race was awesome! It was hard to tweet! I was too damn excited!

Nino did have some interesting things to say in the presser - which was a hoot on its own - after the race about the wheel size. But, it's not just wheel size; it is the bike that goes with it.

just got back - that was insane. Spent time at the tree house rock garden and the ampitheatre and then made it for the finish. Was absolutely brilliant. Saw the u23's womans elite and mens elite.

Nick has made a sensational course!! tommorrow is going to be insane

Also brilliant support all round - the place was packed!

Nino did have some interesting things to say in the presser - which was a hoot on its own - after the race about the wheel size. But, it's not just wheel size; it is the bike that goes with it.

enjoy your dark drink tonight tumbles - bit difficult to catch up with fellow hubbers but will be there in force tommorrow

enjoy your dark drink tonight tumbles - bit difficult to catch up with fellow hubbers but will be there in force tommorrow

Thanks, mate! Have barely had anything to drink today, and that's not like me! Enjoy yours too.

Highlight of my day was Joggie introducing me to Thomas Frischnecht!

Can't believe the U23 women are going out in this rain!

Hats off to the UCI website for the links to live coverage, was watching from my hotel room here in Ohio and the coverage was awesome. Nino clearly had the advantage on the technical downhill sections. Awesome to see that Burry is looking so strong hope it lasts untill the olympics.

The XC course looked fantastic as well, congratulations to all involved.

Back in Switz tomorrow and looking forward to watching the DH, hope there is not to much rain in the next 24 hrs

There's a rebroadcast on 205 tonight after midnight.

This just follows profile coverage of the Cape Epic riders, starting at 11'ish

G

just got back - that was insane. Spent time at the tree house rock garden and the ampitheatre and then made it for the finish. Was absolutely brilliant. Saw the u23's womans elite and mens elite.

Nick has made a sensational course!! tommorrow is going to be insane

Also brilliant support all round - the place was packed!

Awesome day - camped out at the Amphitheater, awesome spectator spot. Met Stu and Admin today so hopefully see the rest of you lot tomorrow!! Left just after the heavens opened after the mens race finished. Must have been interesting for the woman riders. If I had a rain jacket and didn't have the gf with me I would stayed to watch some of it :(

Edited by robinh

Awesome day - camped out at the Amphitheater, awesome spectator spot. Met Stu and Admin today so hopefully see the rest of you lot tomorrow!! Left just after the heavens opened after the mens race finished. Must have been interesting for the woman riders. If I had a rain jacket and didn't have the gf with me I would stayed to watch some of it :(

Lol dude, the women's elite race was in the morning...

The RedBull video stream was excellent Good Q and no buffering. Rob Warner was commentating (or should I say blagging his was through it most of the time) He was going on as why the okes didn't pack spare tubes lol but he is a good laf. He had Nino Swiss team manager helping him, who told the story of the 27 1/2" or 650 - apparently Nino has been testing these wheels all winter, and find the the best of both worlds. He reckons wheel size also goes in proportion to rider height.

Congrags to Burry on a fantastic result. And Cannondale on the podium - Manuel Fumic on a Lefty equipped Flash, not too sure was it a 29er?

Edited by kosmonooit

Lol dude, the women's elite race was in the morning...

Only caught the tail end of the Womans Elite so wanted to stay for a bit of the U23 but was bucketing :/