An Epic Tale

Big JD

Missed the 1st 30min but enjoyed the rest. Have always thought very highly of Kevin. Unfortunately cannot say the same for his team mate but after this screening i like him better :thumbup:

It's on tomorrow night again at 21:30 SS6 - Just make sure

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PVR'ed it and watched it yesterday afternoon. 80 hours a month!? A success rate of 1 in maybe 10 big races (success defined as winning it) and being dissappointed the other 9 times!? So many variables that you have no control over!? And these guys don't rake in millions every year. They probably earn what middle management earns for staying on the tread mill every day.

Are it available for download, you know for us disadvantged types who dont get DSTV.....

Would you can like to ask us to write the plot down?

Have always thought very highly of Kevin. Unfortunately cannot say the same for his team mate but after this screening i like him better :thumbup:

me2... neva new david had such a great CV! realy hope luck is on their side n they take the epic :clap:

I have too agree, I felt like a little kid after a karate movie...

Just makes you want to ride harder...

Also watched it thought it was brilliant! Always knew they were very serious didnt know that serious though.

I realized again that to win and be competitive at that level you have to eat,drink and sleep cycling like them.

Excellent to see how their different strenghts helped each other.

A race fit Kevin lost another 4kg's with David's help!!! And the SRM on their bikes confirmation again how crucial it is at that level.

Well done guys and good luck with the Epic !

Also watched it thought it was brilliant! Always knew they were very serious didnt know that serious though.

I realized again that to win and be competitive at that level you have to eat,drink and sleep cycling like them.

Excellent to see how their different strenghts helped each other.

A race fit Kevin lost another 4kg's with David's help!!! And the SRM on their bikes confirmation again how crucial it is at that level.

Well done guys and good luck with the Epic !

A couple of years ago we went to a race in Hazyview and stayed in the same hotel as Kevin and David.

It was the quite an eye opener ( and funny) to see them sharing a normal person's sized meal. They even shared a small (250ml bottle of wine). But I guess their results prove the benefits of such a training regime.

I hope that this is their year.

Not sure about downloads, but the DVD is for sale.

http://www.olympiccy...-DVDs/DVDs.aspx

Not sure what postage would be to Planet Zug...

Thanks Splat

Postage? Why bother when I can requisition a exploratory (UFO) flight and extraction team to go get one...LOL

Watch out for those UFO sightings coming soon to CT....

Enjoyed it immensely. PVR'ed it, and will be doing my best to start tracking down the soundtrack. Some sweet tunes. :thumbup:

Also interesting to see how one of our top local teams have to literally do it all themselves when they travel to the World Champs. Yes they had a soigneur to help feed and with spare wheels, but the rest they had to do..

PVR'ed it and watched it yesterday afternoon. 80 hours a month!? A success rate of 1 in maybe 10 big races (success defined as winning it) and being dissappointed the other 9 times!? So many variables that you have no control over!? And these guys don't rake in millions every year. They probably earn what middle management earns for staying on the tread mill every day.

How little you know about the slaries of some of SA top cyclists and 360life riders earn more than alot of upper management.

Any idea what system / programme kevin was using to track his fitness levels? (The blue line on the chart)

TrainingPeaks WK0+. It must be noted that there alot of other variables that will judge his CTL incline or decline in fitness. It is 1 that measures increase in fitness.

How little you know about the slaries of some of SA top cyclists and 360life riders earn more than alot of upper management.

Over perhaps a 10 year period. The rugby goons do 10% of the training these guys do and get 5 x as much... and I do know what the pro's earn. There is a difference between perks and salary...

Over perhaps a 10 year period. The rugby goons do 10% of the training these guys do and get 5 x as much... and I do know what the pro's earn. There is a difference between perks and salary...

Unfortunately you dont know. You cant compare rugby to cycling in SA and if you think the "goons" from rugby dont train and are on proper programs then again, you dont know.