Trek Superfly or Pyga Industries 29er dualie?

BrianMTB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Placed my pre order for the OneTen29 on tuesday :clap:.

Where did you order Airborne? I think I need to get in now too... I think the Pyga is the way to go.

Where did you order Airborne? I think I need to get in now too... I think the Pyga is the way to go.

You can place an order by mailing them on:

info@pygaindustries.com

http://www.pygaindustries.com/

if for some reason you cant get hold of them, let me know I have alternate contact details.

I currently own a SuperFly 100 and a Shova. I tested the PYGA this weekend. For me its as if the SF100 and the Shova mated and the PYGA is their love child. I have placed my order and will be selling both the SF100 and the Shova.

There is a f/s 29er comparison in this month's Bicycling and both the Trek and Pyga are mentioned there. No sure if it is the exact models you are looking at.

You also mentioned that you are worried about local backup on the Pyga. There are numerous posts on the Hub about the local back up on Trek and none of them look good.

Check out the April Bicycling magazine. 5 Test pilots one winner Pygma, Trek is a dog in comparison. Use it don't use it?

Agree with what dodger said! Just read that issue and it certainly seems like Mr. Morewood has not lost his touch. Very badly want one of these now!!

PS. I was equally - if not even more - impressed that Bicycling actually applied a points scoring system to each bike - and had an actual winner! I have not bought an issue in years - not a fan of the "Men's Health but with bikes" look and feel - but was well impressed that have grown a pair. Have not seen that in other local publications - refreshing change. Tread do make a note please!

I spoke to Patrick Morewood at the WC over the weekend. He was cruising around on the 0ne 10 29er. Fine looking machine indeed. He said production about June... A Trek is a Trek...

What does this mean?

Just an update - I emailed Pyga twice asking for specs on the complete bike. No response. Not as though I'm yanking their chain, I'm a serious buyer. Perhaps the interest generated by that Bicycling test has them swamped, but not responding to customer queries isn't a good sign. I guess they don't need my business.

Will probably now go with a Specialized.

Brian ... drop me a mail on hairylegs.mtb@gmail.com with your request and contact details and I will forward on to him

Brian ... drop me a mail on hairylegs.mtb@gmail.com with your request and contact details and I will forward on to him

Thanks Hairy - sending the email now.

What does this mean?

It means that a Trek is just another mass production bike, which when compared to a bike made by a small passionate company, seems rather boring...

• 2 weeks later...