Trek Superfly or Pyga Industries 29er dualie?

BrianMTB

I'm in the market for a new bike in the lead up to the Tour de Tuli in August. Does anyone have any advice on the Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro vs. the PYGA ONETEN29?

Would like to support local bike builders but not sure about the backup.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo gummibear... exhibit A is the Trek and Exhibit B is the Pyga? Redhead with loads of tats vs. a brunette with a smoking figure. Hmmm... I'm guessing you're recommending the Pyga? :whistling:

Edit typo

Edited by BrianMTB

having a look at the Pyga myself - guess at this point one can only LOOK at the Pyga. They say first frames in May.

I know very little about 29'rs, however, the PYGA solves one problem for me...it looks 'unsquashed'...most 29'rs look like they have their wheels rammed up there a-holes, but this geo looks very much stretched/normal, nearly 26'er like. I also like the raw look of the welds etc...and, the travel is plenty.

I spoke to Patrick Morewood at the WC over the weekend. He was cruising around on the 0ne 10 29er. Fine looking machine indeed. He said production about June... A Trek is a Trek...

Pyga, because local is lekker and its more boutique....That being said I have GF 29'er and very happy with it.

I had a chat to Patrick at the World Cup, also took the OneTen29 for a test ride.

Its an awesome super stiff, responsive bike, it somehow keeps all the good attributes of the 26er.

For me its a no brainer, as much as I love my Zula, its time.......

By the way look out for a full review in the April edition of Bicycle magazine.

I'm in the market for a new bike in the lead up to the Tour de Tuli in August. Does anyone have any advice on the Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro vs. the PYGA ONETEN29?

Would like to support local bike builders but not sure about the backup.

If you're worried about good after sale service from the agents, don't go near Trek or Gary Fisher. Awesome bikes, but just hope they don't break!

Thanks for the input. Looks like the PYGA is the way to go. It seems they'll only be available in May or June - I guess I can wait for that. :wacko:

I had a chat to Patrick at the World Cup, also took the OneTen29 for a test ride.

Its an awesome super stiff, responsive bike, it somehow keeps all the good attributes of the 26er.

For me its a no brainer, as much as I love my Zula, its time.......

By the way look out for a full review in the April edition of Bicycle magazine.

I chatted to one of the testers and he is really really really excited by the dualiies handling!

Unfortunately my budget dictates that I need to wait for a medium sized rider to buy one and decide it no longer matches the colour of his socks and then sells it for a bargain on the Hub!

Unfortunately my budget dictates that I need to wait for a medium sized rider to buy one and decide it no longer matches the colour of his socks and then sells it for a bargain on the Hub!

You're going to have a hard time beating me to the first medium Pyga hitting the classifieds!