Downhillers are insane...........

Mads

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like your cousins fault, you had the racing line

Agreed. You also have a red line red lines are faster than blue lines, so he should have given way. Very inconsiderate of him.

I cannot bring myself to wander off into the ST underneath the Taal Monument anymore... at least, not alone. :wacko:

come on guys DH is about "calculated risk" .... you could ride almost any DH track on an XC bike if you wanted to ... you'd be slow cus you cant hit all the jumps etc, but my Chick and her Ballie (he's 50) both "race" DH and they dont do all the jumps - they do the drop offs and go as fast as their mind lets them.

The faster you go the more risks you take ... simple as that ... but DH really does help your skills on the bike!

I wonder if it's too late at my age (31) to try out the sport? I think downhillers are awesome - pushing the limits and showing us what you are capable of doing....big cahoona's

I wonder if it's too late at my age (31) to try out the sport? I think downhillers are awesome - pushing the limits and showing us what you are capable of doing....big cahoona's

never too late. Find your limit, push it. Screw the rest.

I am not strictly DH but ride all the trails and can keep up with most... but I only started riding this way when I was 32!

That said, I do make all the jumps look good, if I am allowed to boast a bit :ph34r: .. flicking the back end round stuff, over stuff, through stuff.. great fun having these skills!!

Misconception is to think you have to be as good as the others, when in fact being real with yourself is what lets you develop... Read Nig's post above again.. all the clues to doing stuff out of your everyday reach is in there -that and the Lopes book on skills.. Mayhem will vouch :thumbup: