Cape Epic Stage 3 : 147km, 2900m

rouxtjie

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't a bit of live footage be nice - a la TDF? there is a chopper in the sky for most of the race, why not beam down some pitchas. I realise that the budget is a "bit" smaller than TDF's but it is still the biggest and best MTB event worldwide! Maybe now that they have an upgraded UCI status, we might get some in 2043 or so.

Whats the relation between @Nedbank360life and @36ONE ? Are these 4 riders the same team? Why not then rather call yourselves @720two

Wow what a race. KE & DG are within striking distance of taking 2nd place now on overall GC...Amazing

Whats the relation between @Nedbank360life and @36ONE ? Are these 4 riders the same team? Why not then rather call yourselves @720two

There is no relation, the names are just coincidental. 360 Life is a Nedbank business specializing in life insurance that sponsors Kev and Dave. 36One is an Asset managment company that sponsors Christof and Burry.

Don't get me wrong - I was rooting for 360Life from the start and after watching Epic Tale I was full of hope that we'll see them win the race. The poor buggers were dogged by bad luck on the first stage. I feel really sorry for them, but, realistically speaking, their race for the podium is over. That is all I'm saying...

Not so fast... just over 5 min behind podium and less than 6 behind second place.

if kev and king george were given the same international race experience as burry and suzie, would they be better and win this damn Epic thing

Not so fast... just over 5 min behind podium and less than 6 behind second place.

The thing with this, they put out everything and all and tomorrow they have to go out and do it again.

I think Songo might just edge ahead here ,in udder words, I reckon they might have a bit more in the tank.

They are on the podium - just some time off the top step.

All Teams - Stage 3 (provisional) Click on team to view details Cat Position GC Position Team Name Category Stage Time Overall Time No. Rider 1 Country No. Rider 2 Country 1. 1. 36ONE-SONGO-SPECIALIZED Men 5:31.04,0 15:37.33,7 1-1 Christoph Sauser Switzerland 1-2 Burry Stander South Africa

2. 2. 360Life Men 5:31.07,1 16:01.51,4 3-1 Kevin Evans South Africa 3-2 David George South Africa

3. 3. Multivan Merida Biking Men 5:39.46,6 16:00.21,0 4-1 Hannes Genze Germany 4-2 Andreas Kugler Switzerland

4. 4. Bulls Men 5:39.48,1 16:00.20,6 12-1 Thomas Dietsch France 12-2 Tim Boehme Germany

EDIT: so table copy & pasting is crappy http://www.cape-epic.com/live/results2012.php

Edited by Ricky Bobby

if kev and king george were given the same international race experience as burry and suzie, would they be better and win this damn Epic thing

Dunno about Evans, but George had his opportunities with teams like US Postal...

They are in seventh:

1. 1. 36ONE-SONGO-SPECIALIZED Men 15:37.33,7 1-1 Christoph Sauser Switzerland 1-2 Burry Stander South Africa

2. 2. STÖCKLI Pro Men 15:56.08,9 7-1 Urs Huber Switzerland 7-2 Konny Looser Switzerland

3. 3. Topeak Ergon Racing Men 15:56.31,5 5-1 Alban Lakata Austria 5-2 Robert Mennen Germany

4. 4. Bulls Men 15:59.27,7 2-1 Karl Platt Germany 2-2 Stefan Sahm Switzerland

5. 5. Bulls Men 16:00.20,6 12-1 Thomas Dietsch France 12-2 Tim Boehme Germany

6. 6. Multivan Merida Biking Men 16:00.21,0 4-1 Hannes Genze Germany 4-2 Andreas Kugler Switzerland

7. 7. 360Life Men 16:01.51,4 3-1 Kevin Evans South Africa 3-2 David George South Africa

8. 8. VERSLUYS - CRAFT Men 16:06.31,1 6-1 Kevin Van Hoovels Belgium 6-2 Sébastien Carabin Belgium

9. 9. MTN Qhubeka Men 16:13.39,3 11-1 Adrien Niyonshuti Rwanda 11-2 Jacques Jansevan Rensburg South Africa

10. 10. SONGO-SPECIALIZED Men 16:15.48,7 15-1 Max Knox South Africa 15-2 Kohei Yamamoto Japan

Any idea what's happening in the 'African' jersey?

Evans and George should have that now.

They are in seventh:

But only 5 minutes off second... That's easily within reach...

Edited by TNT1