24-Hour Southern Skies

MariusC

So there is 3weeks left till the event. I just want to know as it will be my first 24hour event what can i expect and what should I take with etc. And are there any other Hubbers doing the event this year?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take all your spare kit. Even though it is earlier this year, there is bound to be mud, even if it's at the start area from the bike wash. Your butt will be muddy in the first 30 seconds.."

spare kit

spare parts, tires,etc

tool kit

pump

lights

tent

sleeping bag

mattress

soap

non racing cloths

food, and something to prepare it on.

cash, for the anatomic factory shop around the corner.

and your I’m going to have the most fun attitude.

Thanx I am really excited think its gonna be a leke jol. aiming to do 15+ laps as my team mates are not the fittest ppl :D

Take some warm clothes, it gets pretty cold there in the evening and if you running a relay with other team members you will feel it while you are waiting around. Previous years late hour rides were powered by OB's

Previous years late hour rides were powered by OB's

mmmmmm OB's and MTB sounds like a plan

spare kit

spare parts, tires,etc

tool kit

pump

lights

tent

sleeping bag

mattress

soap

non racing cloths

food, and something to prepare it on.

cash, for the anatomic factory shop around the corner.

and your I’m going to have the most fun attitude.

+1 on the warm clothes - its gets cold the wee hours of the morning

+1 on spare kit - nothing worse than getting cold in wet kit from sweating while you wait around for your next lap

+1 on the "have fun'' attitude!!

...and camping chairs to sit and a camera!!

Ho maar die weer dop .. En verander die saal .. Vergeet van die slr of fizik . En gaan maar met die groot vet sale . Het my geret laas jaar .. En kos ! Vat baie kos! En ekstra brake pads en tyers

will 2 lights on the bike and 1 helmet light be sufficient? are there any lights on track?

Depends on the strength of your lights. I normally ride one on helmut and one on bike (one battery with 2 globes, 1 broad beam and 1 brighter narrower beam). That way I can see the path and can also see wherever I look.

No lights on track...not that I can remember...so what out for the ghosts past the graveyard!! :w00t:

Edited by =Bones=

There's a graveyard???? creepy but cool

Never mind the graveyard, the section just after that is totally dark and deserted. I had a horse neigh near me in the dark somewhere and I nearly had to stop for a change of pant....

Great fun to do this event.

Our team will be there again this year.

Have fun attitude is a must.

Can't wait for this one.

Never mind the graveyard, the section just after that is totally dark and deserted. I had a horse neigh near me in the dark somewhere and I nearly had to stop for a change of pant....

Similar experience - except grey horse stepped out from behind a bush next to graveyard on one of my night laps.