Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

i did clap.gif

Well done, good effort that. We had no price, was like a slidey mud-slide in the middle section. Amazingly a few ous did make it up but you needed a clear track ahead. Then belting down Puffadder was sport. I watched Joberg2C highlights last night, and I see they go UP Puffadder at about the 90K mark on the stage, after going over Spionkop.

Haibo.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome few days of riding. I loved the track, even more than Sani as the singletrack was more technical and there was lots of it on all 3 days.

I will admit, there were points especially on day 1 where I wished I had a full suspension, my arms were more tired than my legs :-) Was actually happy at one point when we got to a jeep track.

Everything was super well organised, food was great, people were great, had quite neighbours that didn't snore, what more can you ask for.

P.S Stretch, it was nice to meet you!

What an awesome few days of riding. I loved the track, even more than Sani as the singletrack was more technical and there was lots of it on all 3 days.

I will admit, there were points especially on day 1 where I wished I had a full suspension, my arms were more tired than my legs :-) Was actually happy at one point when we got to a jeep track.

Everything was super well organised, food was great, people were great, had quite neighbours that didn't snore, what more can you ask for.

P.S Stretch, it was nice to meet you!

and you too Ratty. Hope you enjoyed that super fast last day!

What a pleasure the last three days were the whole event was fantastic. One big ask all DESENT riders sorry about all your mud and PLEASE leave Great Trek to us next year the tracks with no congestion were mind blowing as am sure most other Trekkers will agree still fishing bugs out the teeth from all the smiling.

What a pleasure the last three days were the whole event was fantastic. One big ask all DESENT riders sorry about all your mud and PLEASE leave Great Trek to us next year the tracks with no congestion were mind blowing as am sure most other Trekkers will agree still fishing bugs out the teeth from all the smiling.

Agreed, and all Great Trek riders, please don't tell everyone how great it was. The small group felt a lot more personal.

and Gary! what a bloke! i must have seen him at least twice out there every day - and every time he threw a big wave at me.....maybe because I was smiling so much!

Day 1 of the 2 day event was simply the best riding I have ever done, the descent from Spioenkop was insane, absoluteley incredible. Got 3/4 up Mike pass yesterday, but to be perfectly honest day 2 was great, but not the best route ever, I think day 1 was so awesome that it would be impossible to compare.

Have to agree - singletrack coming down from Spionkop was frikkin amazing! Day 2 was perhaps a bit bland, but my legs weren't complaining about that too much :)

Well done to Gary and the B&B team for putting together an exceptional event!

Have to agree - singletrack coming down from Spionkop was frikkin amazing! Day 2 was perhaps a bit bland, but my legs weren't complaining about that too much smile.png

Well done to Gary and the B&B team for putting together an exceptional event!

except for the puff-adder and the bit that followed.....not forgetting big-red...what a rush!

except for the puff-adder and the bit that followed.....not forgetting big-red...what a rush!

I missed the name board... which part was puffadder?

I missed the name board... which part was puffadder?

i am assuming you guys did puff adder on the 2 day of course...but you went through triple gate and climbed gradually to below a dam wall...along some road...though some singletrack.....then you hit it.....long winding rocky downhill section...and then after it was gravelly/sandy bit that went in and out of dry river beds until you got to a main district road that climbed up to a water-table (just before mike's pass)

i am assuming you guys did puff adder on the 2 day of course...but you went through triple gate and climbed gradually to below a dam wall...along some road...though some singletrack.....then you hit it.....long winding rocky downhill section...and then after it was gravelly/sandy bit that went in and out of dry river beds until you got to a main district road that climbed up to a water-table (just before mike's pass)

We did that bit, was good fun also. Mike's pass was a bliksem!

Nope - the 2 day missed out on puff adder pass. We chatted to Gary about it on Saturday afternoon and he reckons it would have made the course a bit too challenging for the 2-day crowd, so we did a slighlty different route to the 3-day races.

Nope - the 2 day missed out on puff adder pass. We chatted to Gary about it on Saturday afternoon and he reckons it would have made the course a bit too challenging for the 2-day crowd, so we did a slighlty different route to the 3-day races.

unlucky...by far the best part of that day