Cape Epic Stage 5 : 119km, 2350m

rouxtjie

Since nobody's posting news about the race, go back to page 2 and have a look at the full face helmet of the dude who abandoned!

Nah, what you are seeing is the bike helmet that might belong to the home owner. You can see his riding gloves with the helmet, atop one of those old garden tables made of steel wire.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, what you are seeing is the bike helmet that might belong to the home owner. You can see his riding gloves with the helmet, atop one of those old garden tables made of steel wire.

LoL. Looks like a old Suid Afrika umbrella in the background but probably a Rabobank umbrella...although they are on farm land

An attack from @africanmtbkid, immediately Versluys + @FedGroupITEC are off. @Nedbank360life + @teambulls 2 able to respond

WP2 at 72km: Blend, Versluys +20'.. Versluys stopped to sort out a collapsed rear shock, duct-tapping to help but it's not going to hold..

post-11586-0-97903100-1333097216.jpg

Edited by d@vid

I wouldn't mind being out there in the rain weather today. I love riding in this weather, compared to the dust and heat.

what shifters are on that bike ? interesting looking lever.

and what is that thing above the lever?

Its a XX shifter

and a rockshox hydro lock for the shock..

Are you a mountainbiker?

An attack from @africanmtbkid, immediately Versluys + @FedGroupITEC are off. @Nedbank360life + @teambulls 2 able to respond

WP2 at 72km: Blend, Versluys +20'.. Versluys stopped to sort out a collapsed rear shock, duct-tapping to help but it's not going to hold..

post-11586-0-97903100-1333097216.jpg

Loving the pictures. We sure live in a beautiful place.

They're nearing top now. Sahm has been yoyoing off the pack, but is now unstuck. It's 360Life, 36ONE, Topeak, Merida, Bulls 2

So Stockli (6th) Verslys Craft (7th) & Centurion Vaude (10th) all well back. Three new spaces in top 10 on GC opening up #AbsaCapeEpic

Ominous skies above water point 3. Another epic stage today!

post-11586-0-27953800-1333098560.jpg

Edited by d@vid

Don't think the climbs were long enough today for proper moves from the pros...would have been plenty long enough for me though :blush:

They're in the forest tracks. @Nedbank360life haven't come through yet - must be a mechanical.

Karien and Jane still in the lead going through wp2 71km #CapeEpic

Biogen Britehouse, Theresa and Nina, through wp2 71km 8min behind Team MTN Qhubeka #CapeEpic

Sally and Esther through wp2 71km in 3rd place 14min behind Karien and Jane #CapeEpic.

Edited by d@vid

@Nedbank360life haven't come through yet - must be a mechanical.

Dejavu anyone?

Loving the pictures. We sure live in a beautiful place.

I sure live in a C$AP place (JHB) Man that photo rocks....