Cape Epic Stage 5 : 119km, 2350m

rouxtjie

David on Maxxis , Burry on Specialized Renegade

i'm looking at the photo i took to figure out which Maxxis that is..

Its the Maxxis Ikon

post-4352-0-51165400-1333135678.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two versions of the Icon.

The Maxxis Ikon (EXC/3C)

and the Maxxis Ikon (ECX/3C/EXO)

I have a suspicion George would have opted for the first one, lighter but not stronger ... their sidewalls are pretty flimsy. The second one is stronger but heavier.

(the photo is of 26er tires, I know) ;)

Edited by Tankman

What a brutal day out, I thought stage 3 was hard. Then I thought the wind on stage 4 was outrageous, but today was something else. Near freezing at the top of the mountain as we rode through the rain and wind, water point two looked like a mud bog warzone. People wrapped in space blankets and caked with mud, thank god for the sun breaking through and the singtrack after. Not to mention the two ladies serving up tea and coffes at WP2.

Never eveer want a day out on the bike like that again!

Tweet from Christoph Sauser:' why would rsa pro racers trying to race each other into the "ditches" next to racing? f**kaducking kindergarden!'

Can anyone shed some light/translate?

You doing great especially for an outcast.

Cheers mate, okes .... Must say, it's odd. Elation at times and at others an absolute dark space.

Not sure what's worse being an outcast starting at the back, riding on my own or seeing my partner's face when he had to pull out out. More so now, in good health and fair spirits but a definite sadness at not carrying on. First Epic and so fortunate to have been able to ride, but hell don't ask me about doing another!

Cannot believe how the pro's blitz this course, can't be human!

Oh and the singletrack, oh my god it's too beautiful for words!