Bibs - Cape Storm or First Ascent?

Caerus

So you can get the craft for R870? I think the choice is quite obvious then ....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can get the craft for R870? I think the choice is quite obvious then ....

Not sure what they are even like though, are they recommended, everyone says go with the Assos or Giordana's.

Not sure what they are even like though, are they recommended, everyone says go with the Assos or Giordana's.

Craft are a premium brand and on par with the likes of assos ect. I use Castrelli and also rate them but perhaps its just personal choice ect. I have an ISM seat and as such just sit on the 'tips'

Caerus, where are you getting them from at the price of R870?

Thats from Cyclesphere in Morningside, they are R1450 less 40% at the moment. For the Craft bibs(Elite)

I actually got a call back from Cyclelab in Durban North(Kensington Drive), the only shop I didn't go to. This after I sent an email to the Assos agents. They have all the Assos makes in stock.

So now the question should be Assos vs Craft vs Giordana Bib shorts

Giordana or Craft (2 pairs at that price). R1400 for Anatomic is crazy!

Thats what you get for being a noobie, won't happen again thats for sure.

Anatomic Ergonomic bibs, under R1k, awesome chamois and will last 2yrs+ of solid use. Plus you get to support the local economy! Else Assos if you got the cash...

First Ascent and Cape Storm are now owned by the same people (Sportsmans Warehouse), so it is a matter of time before their bibs are one and the same.

Where did you pay R1400 for Anatomic, their top of the range is R900 odd!? Gotta love our bike shops!

Its was at a LBS in Durban, don't you just love getting ripped off, even better to be told so :blush:

First Ascent and Cape Storm are now owned by the same people (Sportsmans Warehouse), so it is a matter of time before their bibs are one and the same.

Nope, First Ascent and Sportsmans Warehouse fall under the same holding company. SWH don't own FA. First Ascent owns Capestorm though, and they will continue with separate ranges, but I won't be surprised if they start sharing know how and techniques. Makes perfect business sense. I reckon FA bought Capestorm to increase their manufacturing capabilities.

Back to topic.

Caerus, I also find it lank frustrating when I can't find my size, and then have to drive around for it.

In your money range there I reckon the Craft at 900Rondts is killer. If it suits you anatomy...

Edited my shocking spelling.

Edited by PhilipV

Last winter I tried buying non thermal tights. It was the same. I refused to pay big $$$ for locally made ones as there is a good chance of lying down on the MTB and I could not find imported ones to try on. Everyone tried to sell me leg warmers... Still use my no name ones that I bought from the German shop a few years ago. This year I will try the new running tights at SW again....

Nope, First Ascent and Sportsmans Warehouse fall under the same holding company. SWH don't own FA. First Ascent owns Capestorm though, and they will continue with separate ranges, but I won't be surprised if they start sharing know how and techniques. Makes perfect business sense. I reckon FA bought Capestorm to increase their manufacturing capabilities.

Back tot topic.

Caerus, I also find it lank frustrating when I can't find my size, and then have to drive around for it.

In your money range there I reckon the Craft at 9003ondts is killer. If it suits you anatomy...

At least Ive finally found somewhere to try stuff.

Thats from Cyclesphere in Morningside, they are R1450 less 40% at the moment. For the Craft bibs(Elite)

I actually got a call back from Cyclelab in Durban North(Kensington Drive), the only shop I didn't go to. This after I sent an email to the Assos agents. They have all the Assos makes in stock.

So now the question should be Assos vs Craft vs Giordana Bib shorts

Cyclesphere came out as one of the top shops in Durban in a recent poll. Greg is verry helpful as are his staff. Bought two bikes there and no problem.