Cape Epic Stage 7 : 64km, 1350m

kosmonooit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I don't think KE and DG have got what it takes to win this race - at least not unless some of the other big names have serious mechanicals. This year Sauser and Stander showed what a class act they are. I reckon, with some real competition, they could probably have shaved some time of their winning time, in other words, even if KE and DG didn't have problems, they would still have won without too much effort.

Kevin Evans and David George from Nedbank 360Life made South Africans proud by fighting back the way they did. If 360Life didn't have the bad luck, they still never stood a chance against Burry Stander and Christoph Sauser. 36One-Songo-Specialized were just too strong for everyone at this year's ABSA Cape Epic.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

I am also happy for the way the rode and kept fighting, but the moaning and groaning and excuses piss me off. Also why try and "win" the race off the trail. disappointing...........

Hulle almal slaap lekka vanaand... Zzzzz

Another great adventure.

Well done, all who fought the fight.

I went through to give a big five to me cousin who finished his first Epic. I was at the Spex tent when Sauser went passed me, and damn, he was smaller than I thought.

Also heard my cousin tell me how much stress training for the Epic put on his marraige and general daily live for 9 months, as well as his finances. He recon putting it all together cost him around 70K. Preparing for this race is surely an epic commitment.

Also heard my cousin tell me how much stress training for the Epic put on his marraige and general daily live for 9 months, as well as his finances. He recon putting it all together cost him around 70K. Preparing for this race is surely an epic commitment.

Yip, lots of hidden costs.

But, hey, what an adventure to commit to for those that is in a position to choose.

Edited by danseuse

I wonder why 360life did not contribute to the chase yesterday? In the end, the gap at the line was not so big, I think the chasers could have brought them back if they had worked together.

Yip, lots of hidden costs.

But, hey, what an adventure to commit to for those that is in a position to choose.

Like what? Bike, spares, transport? What else?