Northern Farms route question

The Ghost

Try this - my home made map in conjunction with David's garmin map. Its the same route.

J means jeeptrack, S single track. Ignore the blue route.

post-24888-0-31677300-1333386179.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode Route 2 this morning.

Started and finished measuring from just under the freeway tunnel and got 19.2km total. So would be around 20km if you measured from the picnic area/toilets. Route has approx 190m of climbing and took me 57 mins at a comfortable pace.

There are three places where there are arrow signs but they don't have the number "2" on them - so would be easy to miss a turn and shortern your route. Maybe if I go back tomoro I'll take a marker pen :-)

B.

I was there today, found one place I missed which ended up being the most awesome part of the trail, and took the distance up to 18km's.

I also spotted some boards without numbers.. Mmmm, a little maintenance required me thinks.

Do it B, take the marker

Haven't ridden NF before but reckon i'll take the extra time to this weekend. Is it safe to ride alone? The book I have says not to ride there alone.

Haven't ridden NF before but reckon i'll take the extra time to this weekend. Is it safe to ride alone? The book I have says not to ride there alone.

As far as I know it's safe. I ride there alone most weekends.

I guess it depends if "alone" means riding solo whilst other people are around or riding solo whilst the place is empty?

As long as other people are around then in the event of a accident or a major mechanical you should be ok.

I guess it depends if "alone" means riding solo whilst other people are around or riding solo whilst the place is empty?

As long as other people are around then in the event of a accident or a major mechanical you should be ok.

More worried about third party inflicted problems than my own. It will prbably be a busy time there over easter so i'm sure it will be fine.

More worried about third party inflicted problems than my own. It will prbably be a busy time there over easter so i'm sure it will be fine.

Did you go through?

I think it's safe, especially when its this busy? Been a while since anything happened there I think.

Rode Route 2 this morning.

Started and finished measuring from just under the freeway tunnel and got 19.2km total. So would be around 20km if you measured from the picnic area/toilets. Route has approx 190m of climbing and took me 57 mins at a comfortable pace.

There are three places where there are arrow signs but they don't have the number "2" on them - so would be easy to miss a turn and shortern your route. Maybe if I go back tomoro I'll take a marker pen :-)

B.

Hey, I see the signboards had marker on today...

Many thanks to you ... Or the little birdie that did it.

• 2 months later...

Hiya

Does anybody know if route 3 markings are good at the moment, I want to give it a try on Sunday?

Hiya

Does anybody know if route 3 markings are good at the moment, I want to give it a try on Sunday?

I rode there last week and it was near perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Went on Saturday on my Single speed and did the complete route 3 including all the extra detours i.e.single tracks detours (black arrows without a numbers on them) and got 43kms in total. Lots of new single track. Spoke to one of the course builders who told me that they are working on a further 10k's with the plan that route 3 will end up being 55km with at least half of it being single track.

This comes off my Iphone:

post-4355-0-80272100-1342439260.jpg

Interesting, I did route 3 about 3 weeks ago and measured 35km.

My mapped route looks the same too, will compare on a bigger screen later.