Northern Farms route question

The Ghost

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first long ride on the SS. What avg speed are we talking about?

Havn't done a fast pace for almost 2 months. Between work and getting sick Ive lost a lot of fitness.

But ag whatever. Lets do it!

What avg speed are we talking about?

Havn't done a fast pace for almost 2 months.

Im in the slow and unfit group.

Ave of about 14k/h for me

Yes, around 14/15km is fine with me.

Richard, you get your pass? :whistling:

Maxxis, so you a defnite then. 9:30 at the shop? you wearing a special pink lycra so I can identify you? :ph34r:

Im in for sure. Will be there around 9:15 +-. Leaving Bromhof at 8:45.

Look for the lost guy on the single speed. :D

schweet..........I got a black Scott with extra suspension. :clap: i will be the one looking lost while looking for the lost dude on the SS. :eek:

.....and i am calling Richard out.................... R I C H A R D ..........! ! ! ! ! !

I hear you.

Saturday, I'll try be there by 9:10 as I will be warming up for 20 mins on my trainer.... :-)

Black n white Ghost dualie, and a Ghost branded pant.

Well I wish I could join you guys but I am all booked up on Saturday morning but Sunday morning I will be at northern

Went on Saturday on my Single speed and did the complete route 3 including all the extra detours i.e.single tracks detours (black arrows without a numbers on them) and got 43kms in total. Lots of new single track. Spoke to one of the course builders who told me that they are working on a further 10k's with the plan that route 3 will end up being 55km with at least half of it being single track.

This comes off my Iphone:

Hi SteveS,

please send me the KML file. thanks

Darkang :thumbup:

Richard. The guy actually said route 3 is a total of 45km's and I am missing 2k's of it.

Areas of note:

At about 22km on my route the route actually splits with two arrows. If you go right it cuts out a chunk and you stay close to the river and cross over a new wooden bridge. If you go left it takes you back up to the top again and then back down to the other side of the wooden bridge.

At about 29km there is a new single track cut in the grass (cut in the last 2 weeks) of 1.7km.

At about 36km on the way back on the main gravel road there is a route 3 marker on the left that takes you down again and then up over a small dam wall for a further 5km's

I only had time for route 2 today, but I noticed that the sign at the bottom of interval hill showed that route 3 was to go up it.

Was that part of the change you saw?

Rode there yesterday and did the outer loop and then Route 3. Gives you a 60km route.

Would be really nice if they built some more tracks with bridges amongst the wetland areas and foresty bits. There is so much potential there. I know it takes time and effort and is not private land etc etc.

Its good to see the markings are being kept clear.

Pity the fools who don't get the trail direction right though. Especially in peak times. I would have thought if you come across a pole with a number facing the wrong way, then its you who are gong the wrong way. Duh!

Also rode the new track right at the bottom after you come up from the river trail. Its still very new and need of some rain and a good few weekends worth of traffic to settle, and then that other section that was left after the Northerns Quickie before you hit the home stretch up the hill.

A 55km route 3 would be most welcome!