[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous years I've missed the Nissan Van Gaalen race; so my first one today. Great route; technical sections was great. The smaller batches was a great idea and obviously resulted in few bottlenecks. Great event; thumbs up to the organizers.

My only complaint is to a fellow MTBer: to the 'idiot' that almost rode me off my bike trying to short-cut through a technical section and cross in front of me on the drop-off 'entry' to a river crossing:

If you try to beat the riders in the A batch from C or D or whichever batch you came from.... get your ass into gear and get a A seeding... I earned my B seeding and could ride all the technical sections today; so to shout at me for meters and meters where there is no space is just plain inconsiderate. I don't mind (at all) if a fellow rider shout 'track' when there is track available for me to make way and for him / her to pass. But shouting track on a technical single track section where there is NO space to go is just plain rude. You do not belong on a mountain bike. You have no respect for fellow riders who are quite capable of riding the technical sections; although maybe not at your pace. Get a better seeding; or are you not good / consistent enough? Be patient for 3 minutes and an opportunity will present itself for you to pass, without endangering fellow riders. People like you are a disgrace to the sport. I've always experienced fellow MTBers as considerate to those around them. You're obviously in a 'class' of your own.

Race report:

Fantastic day out, weather was great. Route was fantastic! Started suffering after concrete strips and had 2 trips over the bars after satellite station. A little bruised but nothing serious. Saw loads of hubbers and enjoyed a variation on the spykerbombs, now available with Monster! See ya all next time & thanks to Vinny for Single Track Fuel and samples. If you're looking for race fuel & a recovery product speak to Vinny the butcher on the hub.

Race report:

Fantastic day out, weather was great. Route was fantastic! Started suffering after concrete strips and had 2 trips over the bars after satellite station. A little bruised but nothing serious. Saw loads of hubbers and enjoyed a variation on the spykerbombs, now available with Monster! See ya all next time & thanks to Vinny for Single Track Fuel and samples. If you're looking for race fuel & a recovery product speak to Vinny the butcher on the hub.

Yea shot for the samples, definitely gonna give them a go

Am I the only one that got a hakahana medal instead of van gaalens medal?????surely a mistake...??

Am I the only one that got a hakahana medal instead of van gaalens medal?????surely a mistake...??

Yup, I also got a Hakahana medal.

got the same

Do the next race and you may get the van gaalens medals ha ha. Eric and co have upped the nissan games stakes and leading by far. Lets see if some of the other stages can keep up. Great to meet some more hubbers. Monster/spyker bombs at the next event for sure

Hats off to the organizers as mentioned already! Smiles all round for me today! I dropped to The H batch to ride with mates, the numbers in the batch was perfect! For H there were only two or three spots where we had to stop and wait for under a minute for guys to cross a river. No issues with the H batch on passing, they see/hear you coming and move to the left as quick as the can.

I look forward to the next one, well done on raising the bar! The shirt is an awesome item for the goodie bag and spike at the end instead of in the goodie bag was a good move! Best event trail seeker for 2012 by far! Keep up the great work!

Great event, my only complaint would be to put a couple of toilets in at the top parking as well, it got quite congested through the walkway down towards the start pens with everyone milling around for toilets and heading towards the start and checking out the stalls etc. I think the race (40km) was certainly easier than 2 years ago? I shaved over 2hrs off my time from 2010! Nice track, well organised and good size starting batches (for me anyway in H!!).

And what is it with people 'warming' up for a race and just not looking where they are going? Eyes up, not down at your feet/rear wheel/hands!

Some close calls with bikes and cars turning into VG and the parking areas.

Wow what a great ride, 70 was tough and technical just like it should be. Boy that second "surprise" climb after Greek Church was, well unappreciated, as I started cramping at the 45k mark, thanks Eric :). Well done all the organizers :) :) :)

Had a terrible experience when, between the race commesaire and the timing company it was decided to disqualify my wife, as aparently, it is "not possible for someone to start in c batch and come in 2nd on the 40km".

The lady that crossed the line first in the 40km race, was not feeling well so she turned around and followed the 20km route. She told the commisaire such when she finished. It was then assumed that my wife did the same as she is not one of the regular racers, she was not questioned about her suspected cheating just summarily disqualified.

I have spoken to fritz after the race, followed up by an email. Am awaiting response....

Edit:

I see on the results posted on the website, that it has been rectified, thank you.

Still leaves a bad taste, as she was not called to the podium, her prize "will be sent to her"

Edited by RocknRolla

Also got the Hakahana medals, 70 and also in the 20km.

Just checked mine, its also a Hakahana medal.