Good riding light for +-R600

tunariaan

I bought one (900 lum) from dealextreme for around R500 with customs and tax. They deliver for free, but it takes 5 weeks to arrive.

+1 myself too, only issue if any is you have to wait 5 weeks

Hey gents

thanks for all the advice , it will take too long to import for me so i think i might go for the magicshine 1000lumens light

do any of you use this spesific light?

I use the original 900 Lumens ones, one on bars and one on my helmet. More than enough light. Even a single on the bars is plenty.

anyone using the magicshine 1000lumens?

Let us know what you go for, and some feedback. This is one next months wish list.

Bought other stuff from DealExtreme without problems, sometimes just takes a while to get here.

I just got one off Ebay for R306 with postage, haven't got it yet so not sure on vat. but should be here by the end of the week and then I'll give some feedback. Supposed to have the "orange peel" effect reflector to help disperse the light better, the others tend to focus the light to much on a spot.

Hi,

I agree totally with CAAD4 about a light. I have bought two other lights, at different times thinking that they were ok - just to be dissapointed. Go for a decent re-chargable light with at least 1000 lunems. The Majic light is good, some of my friends have them with no problems.

Regards

Sarge

The Sigma lights advertised elsewhere on the classifieds for R1250 are a bargain and top quality

The best is Exposure.The battery is incorporated in the light.The Joystick model is great for your helmet.no wires etc

Try Led lenser with bike bracket.......... about R480 for both. Also a very handy flashlight.

I am using the led lenser B7 with bike mount. A very nice light but battery life is horrible on high as experienced at last years Trans Baviaans... The H7 headlamp is amazing though... Also rather get the rechargable versions. They are more expensive but aaa batteries are very expensive. What we did for TB is to run the headlamp full time and only switch on the handlebar lamp at high speed which worked very well.

• 2 months later...