sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

You have to be there the day before the race to register and receive and pack your box you cannot pitch on race day

Yebo, but the accomodation for that night you have to sort out.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yebo, but the accomodation for that night you have to sort out.

Correct very scarce commodity at the moment

Don't forget the good earplugs. It's impossible to sleep with people talking, laughing, snoring and farting in the tents all around you, as well as the tent zippers going up and down all night when people get up to take a pee.

Don't forget the good earplugs. It's impossible to sleep with people talking, laughing, snoring and farting in the tents all around you, as well as the tent zippers going up and down all night when people get up to take a pee.

I agree - very important!!!!!!

I am sure I had a couple pomping and jiving a few tents from me at last year's 3Towers. :clap:

Is there an after party in Scottburgh on Thursday, Friday, or is there only one on Saturday night?

For me the bike wash is the biggest pain, as well as running around trying to get your bike repaired when something goes wrong (I fall a lot :blush: ). This year I'm using Hatton's Cycles. R350 per bike per day. Wash, lube and complete check-up including bolts tension (and obviously any repairs that need to be done). Dushan from Hatton's no. is 0786934007.

Jeez, I'm so knackered you could let off a bomb in the campsite and I'd not wake up.

Jeez, I'm so knackered you could let off a bomb in the campsite and I'd not wake up.

I feel you brother, but I fart like machine after a camelbak's worth of perpetuam....

Stage racing....go into locust mode....eat and excrete

You can't compare the 2 courses, but I would say Rietvlei is far more technical in sections

Thanks - manage Green and most of the Blue route at Rietvlei.Just some of the Blue just not possible as yet!

If you can through Riervlei comfortably you'll be fine, Sani is not too technical. Worry more about the hills on D2.

Thanks fro the feedback. I manage the Green easily, but not all of the Blue route. Lacking the skills!! Thanks again

That's why they give you those freebie water bottles. Trouble is last year mine overflowed. Fortunately not into My shoe.

Edited by Taps

That's why they give you those freebie water bottles. Trouble is last year mine overflowed. Fortunately not into My shoe.

I do that too. Much better than getting up during the night and disturbing your partner. Problem is that I keep a bottle of water next to me because I wake up thirsty during the night. I just have to remember not to drink from the warm bottle!

Learnt this over the weekend at the 24hr, now on the shopping list.

Amazing how some folk can carry on

So, anyone got a map of how to get to Mackenzie country club? i can't seem to find it on google maps.