sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

you should be able to train hard right up until 2 weeks before then start to taper off, so plenty time left for some long hard rides :wacko:

Seeding is normally done through your SAS seeding. I am still confused how they work it out from there, I think they may take the best seeding as normally I am in A/B batch for the seeding but last year I rode with my dad and he hardly rides SAS races so his seeding was very bad. He had to buy me a few beers because somehow on day 1 we ended up in the A batch. After day 1 you are seeded according to how you finished the day before.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any excuse to stop, start, is great for me :-) Looking forward to the water crossings :-)

Question is, with only a month to go, can I get any fitter or will I just do harm....

I am still working hard to up it. I am using sporttracks with Training Load plugin to determine CTL/ATL(fitness) levels as well as Training Stress Balance(fatigue). I have my target date set to the 17th May(start of sani) and according to the model I should only start tapering on the 7th of May and if I do a strong workout with a TRIMP score greater than 400 on the 17th of April it will have the most effect on my performance come sani...great piece of software

In short....No keep at it

I am still working hard to up it. I am using sporttracks with Training Load plugin to determine CTL/ATL(fitness) levels as well as Training Stress Balance(fatigue). I have my target date set to the 17th May(start of sani) and according to the model I should only start tapering on the 7th of May and if I do a strong workout with a TRIMP score greater than 400 on the 17th of April it will have the most effect on my performance come sani...great piece of software

In short....No keep at it

Rouxtjie - where in the software do you see this?

By the time you guys have read all the software on your training your body will most probably forget it's been training!

Bottom right hand corner of the plugin's screen under training status, you have to set a target date by selecting a date(day of race) on your calendar and then selecting "set target date" it will then calculate those dates based on your previous workout

I am also using this software now and you can really learn alot with all the data it provides

looks something like this

thanks man - but i was refering to the Trimp of the workout being 400

That is relative to how fit you already are and the type of riding. How much do you normally do in a month is the question?

12 to 14 hours for the next 3 weeks , the ease back over the next 2, including 3 hard races over the next 3 weeks. Then good to go.

thanks man - but i was refering to the Trimp of the workout being 400

oh ok sorry...misunderstood. No it doesn't specifically say do at least 400+ TRIMP to get the most, it just says that the 17th of April will be the most optimal date to train on wrt to my target date and current workouts already done...so in other words, where I am at with regards to my fitness and fatigue. The 400 score I just know by heart because that it when my CTL normally grows by the most points. a 400+ TRIMP score is VG to breedts(to the shop) and back at a very brisk pace(78-80% of max avg)

Edited by rouxtjie

@rouxtjie post us your graphs......... and then explain what it means :-)

I don't kiss and tell Gordon, then you can see all my secret training camps :ph34r:

12 to 14 hours for the next 3 weeks , the ease back over the next 2, including 3 hard races over the next 3 weeks. Then good to go.

You doing the race then?

I'm lucky if I get 5 hours a week to train!

I'm getting all excited (and a little worried) just reading all the replies. In terms of time in the saddle I think we're on par but we don't really have big hills in this part of the world so climbing is a bit of a concern...

What are the Gauteng based people doing for climbing training? I haven't been able to get to Breedts, so it's mostly been klapperkop+groenkloof and van gaalens.