sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

Anybody know of a safe spot to park a car from 15th - 18th May? School wont allow me to?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow is also nice but I like to get there ASAP . I know beer can last for a few months if kept cool , I am not prepared to run the risk !!

Anyone watch last nights Joberg2C stage?

I taped it so going to watch it tonight, can't wait to see what we are in for.

Watched the 15 minutes last night... Super amped for Day 1 now... everything looks so awesome :clap: ... can't wait!!

They posted the provisional profiles based on the Joberg2C a week or two ago. Based on that, Day 1 has more climbing than day 2.

what event are you doing? I'll be at the back of the trail. I am the tortoise, I go slowly but get there in the end.

Doing the Race...look out for me at lead of the pack...I will be pulling the pros....with a castle light in hand...grappie hoor

Got those provisionals but that tweet confused me...not that it is going to help me anyway hehehehe

Watched the 15 minutes last night... Super amped for Day 1 now... everything looks so awesome :clap: ... can't wait!!

Husband's riding the Joberg2c(3rd one), he said out of 7 days so far, yesterday was by far, the best and fastest. He said the weather is great, at some stages they got 40deg, maybe too hot. Let him get his racing out of his system, so he can line up with me next week. Some friends are riding the relay, so I'll be keeping an eye on them so I know what to expect.

Day 2 is no longer the hardest if you look at the profiles.

Just need to get through day 1 ok and then hopefully I will make it.

I figure the 25km climb on day 2 is just a matter of getting a good rhythm and grinding away.

I assume that Jozi2c and Sani2c use the same route. Kevin Evans tweeted yesterday:

"@kevinevansracin: J2C Stage 8 MacKenzie Club–Jolivet, 97km, 2230m. Can u say 35km downhill singletrack..."

Edited by d@vid

I'll be at the back of the trail. I am the tortoise, I go slowly but get there in the end.

So, based on that statement, we will be riding together :thumbup:

Doing the Race...look out for me at lead of the pack...I will be pulling the pros....with a castle light in hand...grappie hoor

Got those provisionals but that tweet confused me...not that it is going to help me anyway hehehehe

I'll see you at the Race event then :thumbup: , but the only thing that I will be pulling is my sorry @ss over those mountains :blush: ... geen grappie nie :oops:

Husband's riding the Joberg2c(3rd one), he said out of 7 days so far, yesterday was by far, the best and fastest. He said the weather is great, at some stages they got 40deg, maybe too hot. Let him get his racing out of his system, so he can line up with me next week. Some friends are riding the relay, so I'll be keeping an eye on them so I know what to expect.

Getting more and more amped by the day.... Riding with my wife... so no racing this side either :whistling:... Joberg2C maybe if I am lucky next year :)

I'll see you at the Race event then :thumbup: , but the only thing that I will be pulling is my sorry @ss over those mountains :blush: ... geen grappie nie :oops:

heheheh sien jou daar meneer

Look my race tactic for day2 is....wake up....vreeeet....drop kids at the pool...listen to eye of the tiger on ipod until the race starts....go like the clappers until the engine blows, roundabout 10km and then suffer trough the rest. It might just work :w00t:

Anybody know of a safe spot to park a car from 15th - 18th May? School wont allow me to?

Hey Barbie... I emailed Judy the other day about leaving our car at the start and then picking it up on Friday or Saturday, she did not indicate that we are not allowed to leave the car there... we just had to arrange that we would be picking the car on which ever day at Registration...

heheheh sien jou daar meneer

Look my race tactic for day2 is....wake up....vreeeet....drop kids at the pool...listen to eye of the tiger on ipod until the race starts....go like the clappers until the engine blows, roundabout 10km and then suffer trough the rest. It might just work :w00t:

:clap: sounds like I will be in good company!

What do you take in terms of food on the bike? Is the food at the waterpoints enough?

I usually ride with 2 energy bars and 2 peanut butter sandwiches on long rides but I'm obviously not going to make sandwiches on the Monday to eat the Thursday. Can I rely on the waterpoints for eating on the bike or do you still pack your own stuff.

Just take several cooked baby potatoes, sprinkled in salt and wrapped in foil. all the energy you will need.

I was only able to get one branded kit this year for me and my partner and I was wondering if anyone has washed their kit after each day in previous years or on other stage races and has it dried in time? I know it isn't advisable, but would it dry in time, especially the bib shorts? It also depends if it rains I guess. Any advice apart from getting three sets of clothing?

Do NOT, repeat DO NOT take only one set of kit. Rather look like a real mountainbiker and take some unmatched non-lookalike/branded kit. I have two S2C's where it PISSSED down and those were in March when it was warmer and I assure you that the amount of attached mud and wet that I packed back into my box (in a ziploc) that night was LARGE. Last year was a chilly start and I shudder to think of having to start day 2 or 3 in soggy wet stuff in the cold.

Getting more and more amped by the day.... Riding with my wife... so no racing this side either :whistling:... Joberg2C maybe if I am lucky next year :)

Don't know why but not yet excited. Battled 4yrs to get an entry and now that we have it... Took a dive at the mountain trophy last week and my wrist hurts. Maybe that's the damper.

Not sure if I am exited or stressed. Started thinking last night that I may not have done enough in terms of training - and now it is too late!

Also not sure how I feel about the shortening of the route (if indeed is is) - it seems one should suffer through day 2 to have a proper Sani2C experience?

O well, will have to man up and pull it through.