sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit confused.......do we not get accommodation the night before the race? If not how far is the drive from JHB to the start?

5-6 hour drive. You have to be there the day before to register and you need to arrange your own accommodation.

Hope he is ok

G

My partner had a serious fall during our training ride this morning? Getting X-rayed at the moment....

Hi Guys,

Just finished JB2C,Day 8 your Day 2 I found easier than the old route,Lamb Legs and Push of a climb has been taken out and in it's place you have quite a long climb but the road surface is smooth (good district road).The new "Push of a Climb is not as technical as the old climb,all in all in my opinion an easier day.

The track as always was in pristine condition although a bit dusty.

Enjoy your Sani

What should i carry in terms of first aid?

Got an emergency blancket.

Spares??? Got spare tyre,tubes,chain link..

Hi Guys,

Just finished JB2C,Day 8 your Day 2 I found easier than the old route,Lamb Legs and Push of a climb has been taken out and in it's place you have quite a long climb but the road surface is smooth (good district road).The new "Push of a Climb is not as technical as the old climb,all in all in my opinion an easier day.

The track as always was in pristine condition although a bit dusty.

Enjoy your Sani

Such good news :w00t:

I was planning on paying R700 to hand over my bike after every day's ride to mechanics who will clean and service my bike, however I have been recommended not to do that because you can wash your own bike or pay someone to and then if there is something wrong with my bike I can just get it fixed after the day then only pay if something is wrong. Anyone have experience on that? Added to that I heard that if I have a Specialized, like I do, Specialized will service my bike for nothing. Is that true?

Clothing substitution on Adventure.

Want to swop male M for L. Any takers?

Thanks

mmm i see i also have chosen a M , think a bit of hindsight i should have chosen L as well

What is a good solution to dressing warmly enough in the mornings without taking too much stuff so when it warms up you don't have to lug it with you?

What is a good solution to dressing warmly enough in the mornings without taking too much stuff so when it warms up you don't have to lug it with you?

i use first ascent thermal underneath my cycling top and if its really cold i put some newspaper underneath - which i then chuck at the first water stop if not earlier. The top does not make you hot during the day so you can basically keep it on. that said weather is looking great!

Sorry to hear, Hope you have someone else to pair up with.

G

Won't be able to ride for 6 weeks! :cursing: