PYGA - OneTen29 & Zero29

Cav'

Can definitely be raced, but it wouldn't be my first option were I to choose a race snake 29er. With Race Gold on there you will however be limited with what you can and will get away with when trail riding. I think the PYGA might just be a perfect "one bike" if you're a weekend warrior / racer / trail rider.

As for your build: there's nothing I would change there except for the wheels. Go with something that's adaptable (Hope, I9, SSC). Will future-proof your purchase. Cheaper way to get a descent build could be to buy a Momsen AL729 and strip the frame for all the parts.

If I remember correct the mag said they will offer build kits (one in the mag was great value for money), but it might be a while before those will start rolling out or will become available as option when ordering. I think for now they will priorities frame only to get the ball rolling.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The prices for the OneTen29 complete bikes are out, R35,500 for the mid spec and R40,500 for the Top Spec. I got this from PYGA. Interested to see what the HT prices are, probably knock about R10k of these????

MID SPEC. R35,500.00 INCL. VAT

FORK: REVELATION RCT3 120MM, SOLO AIR, TAPERED, BLACK

REAR DER: SRAM X9, LONG CAGE, 10SPD, WHITE

FRONT DER: SRAM X7, HIGH DIRECT MOUNT, 2X10, DUAL PULL

SHIFTERS: SRAM X7

BRAKES: ELIXIR, 180MM/160MM, ALUMINIUM LEVERS, STORM GREY

CRANKSET: OEM X9 EQUIV. S1400, ALUMINIUM, 36T/22T, 175MM, BLASTBLACK

BB: BB92 PRESSFIT

CASSETTE: PG-1050 CASSETTE 10SP 11-36

CHAIN: PC1051, SOLIDPIN, SILVER

HEADSET: CANE CREEK

BARS: STYLO T40, FLAT, 700MM, BLASTBLACK

STEM: STYLO T20, 90MM, 5DEG, BLASTBLACK

SEAT POST: STYLO T30, 25MM OFFSET, BLASTBLACK

SADDLE: WTB SILVERADO

GRIPS: RITCHEY

WHEELS & RIMS: STANS, ARCH, 15MM FRNT, 142MM 12MM REAR

TIRES: MAXXIS IKON 2.2

TUBES: TUBELESS INCLUDED

TOP SPEC. R40,500.00 INCL. VAT

FORK: REVELATION RCT3 120MM, SOLO AIR, TAPERED, BLACK REAR DER: SRAM X0, LONG CAGE, 10SPD, GOLD

FRONT DER: SRAM X9, HIGH DIRECT MOUNT, 2X10, DUAL PULL SHIFTERS: SRAM X9

BRAKES: ELIXIR, 180MM/160MM, CARBON LEVERS, STORM GREY CRANKSET: OEM X0 EQUIV. S2210, CARBON, 36T/22T, 175MM, MATT CARBON

BB: BB92 PRESSFIT

CASSETTE: PG-1070 CASSETTE 10SP 11-36

CHAIN: PC1051, SOLIDPIN, SILVER

HEADSET: CANE CREEK

BARS: T30 NOIR, CARBON, FLAT, 700MM

STEM: STYLO T20, 90MM, 5DEG, BLASTBLACK SEAT POST: STYLO T30, 25MM OFFSET, BLASTBLACK SADDLE: WTB SILVERADO

GRIPS: RITCHEY

WHEELS & RIMS: STANS, ARCH, 15MM FRNT, 142MM 12MM REAR TIRES: MAXXIS IKON 2.2

TUBES: TUBELESS INCLUDED

Damn... The mid spec is lekker. But I'd definitely go for the "better" spec at that price. Only difference is the gruppo / bar / brakes, but the diff in price is worth it.

And the Rev solo air is in there. BOOYA!

Yeah...let the flaming start, BUT... AND I'M NOT COMPARING BIKES just prices:

Anthem X0 FULL XT: R28k

Anthem X1 X7/X9: R21k

They are definitely pricing themselves in the higher "exclusive" range. Hoo-haaah for specing a Rev and Arch rims though...I like!

They are definitely pricing themselves in the higher "exclusive" range. Hoo-haaah for specing a Rev and Arch rims though...I like!

Yeah. That really does make one sit up and take notice, doesn't it? But then I don't think the Anthem and the PYGA are looking for the same type of rider, right? Anthem more race biased, PYGA more trail?

But if you take an anthem, spec the fork up (and gain R 2k from flogging the Fox in favour of the Rev Solo Air) and spec up the wheels you'd still have a KILLER bike for less than 30 big ones.

Yes, you'd be the proud owner of another rat of the trails. But a good one. Just be sure not to get the GROSSLY over-subscribed silver/blue colour scheme...

Yeah. That really does make one sit up and take notice, doesn't it? But then I don't think the Anthem and the PYGA are looking for the same type of rider, right? Anthem more race biased, PYGA more trail?

Spot on

But if you take an anthem, spec the fork up (and gain R 2k from flogging the Fox in favour of the Rev Solo Air) and spec up the wheels you'd still have a KILLER bike for less than 30 big ones.

Or wait for the Trance...

Just be sure not to get the GROSSLY over-subscribed silver/blue colour scheme...

That's the X0. Still don't get why so many people head straight for the full XT with anchors for wheels rather than going for the X1 and upgrade the wheels...

Build it yourself...

Pat seems to like quality parts. :ph34r:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spot on

Or wait for the Trance...

Yep. That'd be me. Personally, I'd rather go for V's chariot. But then it will cost me a ballsack more than the trance. Which makes me think, 'cos I still want another kid sometime in the future...

That's the X0. Still don't get why so many people head straight for the full XT with anchors for wheels rather than going for the X1 and upgrade the wheels...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

'cos people r stoopid.

Ooooo .... any further info on a 29'er Trance Crow?

Bike and new tech launches June - Sept 2012 will be a very confusing time for one and all...

Bike and new tech launches June - Sept 2012 will be a very confusing time for one and all...

Riddled with leaks, speculation and rumour. With some photoshopped bikes in there to boot.

Oh. Another long travel 29er... Tallboy LT.

It'd probably be that, a Commencal Meta AM, Trance 9er (base version or at least one with a tuneable can at the back)

:clap:

Two points - one, let's see what the Anthem's priced at when it arrives, and two - verrrry much doubt that Pat's pitching at the Giant market. No ways he could compete with a volume producer like that on price, and the kind of rider that even knows about Pyga will be looking for something less run-of-the-mill anyways. As long as it's better priced than the likes of SC, Knolly, RM and the like (which it is), he's pretty much spot on IMO.

If I had 40k lying around, that's where it would go.

Two points - one, let's see what the Anthem's priced at when it arrives, and two - verrrry much doubt that Pat's pitching at the Giant market. No ways he could compete with a volume producer like that on price, and the kind of rider that even knows about Pyga will be looking for something less run-of-the-mill anyways. As long as it's better priced than the likes of SC, Knolly, RM and the like (which it is), he's pretty much spot on IMO.

If I had 40k lying around, that's where it would go.

Erm, that's exactly what Crow said, Droo...

This will be interesting..... :whistling: