PYGA - OneTen29 & Zero29

Cav'

I believe so.It is designed as a trail bike and it has 120 travel at the back as well

Thank you Kranswurm

Please excuse my ignorance

I read that the PYGA will be great for XC & marathons as well but won’t the trail geometry make you slower in these disciplines? I am not a racing snake at all (Sabie 75km between 5:30 & 6:00), so will the trail geometry make me even slower?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this better than Zula and the others. Like this better than the Ibis Ripley to be honest. I'm sure it'll ride nothing like a Mazda...

For the money I expect to them to sell quite good.

At 18K there is no doubt I would rather opt for a PYGA then

That PYGA price is damn good.

Consider the Zula 26" price was 14K a year or 2 ago

For me its a toss up between the two.I have put down my name for the PYGA and hopefully I will have the cash to put on decent wheels aka Mavic

and the rest when it becomes available

Thank you Kranswurm

I read that the PYGA will be great for XC & marathons as well but won’t the trail geometry make you slower in these disciplines? I am not a racing snake at all (Sabie 75km between 5:30 & 6:00), so will the trail geometry make me even slower?

I am quite excited about this bike.

I am not a DHiller or anything but that Mankele thing looks good and this bike looks like you can go for it

the frames based on the info from the indicates so yes

Designed and assembled in SA.

In fact, in good old sleep hollow, Maritzburg.

The frames are produced in the East. Builds are done in PMB.

I wonder how the Zero29 would compare to a Chumba HX2

Probably one of the few people that have ridden both (I used to own an HX2!). The chumba had great handling, but is still outclassed by the Pyga. On weight there is no question - Pyga will be over 0.5kg's lighter for the frame! (The chumba was well over 2kg's for HT frame!). And you won't have to deal with that constantly creaking eccentric BB on the Chumba.

I hear that the OneTen will only be available in raw aluminium finish even though the images on the BLOG link on their site are of frames in black and white

What are your opinions on raw aluminium finish? Anyone have an opinion on pro's and con's?

To be honest i hate the raw look.

But pro's - the frame will look the same after 3 years of man handling.

You can always get the frame sprayed black...

Jip, I dont like it that much either but as you say, damage wont show that easy.

Already spoke to Cycle Art today. A custom paint job (with some cool air brush) does sound very good. One of a kind.

110 at the back. Designed for 120 up front.

I believe so.It is designed as a trail bike and it has 120 travel at the back as well

Edited by Ryanpmb

Rode the OneTen on the Cascades WC XC course last week. SO much fun. Handles like a dream. If you worried about the 120mm upfront, flip & shorten your stem. Gets you into more of a race position. Can also run inverted bars.

Thank you Kranswurm

The raw finish is a limited edition run, later bikes will be in the colours as per the site.

Looks great but why on earth is a locally produced bike so expensive! Was always surprised that the Morewood bikes costs the same here as abroad. How about a local price for the local market??

But pro's - the frame will look the same after 3 years of man handling.

I agree that raw finish is not the best looking finish out there.

Having said that, the raw finish grows on you. My Intense Trail bike has a raw finish, and the frame is 6 years old. The frame finish is very robust and chip marks are can only be seen on very close inspection.

A raw finish has a very understated look, and it appears dull (read not shiny).

I just print some new decals every 2 years and then it looks like a brand new frame.

Both Pyga's are beauties, but I am planning(read saving) to do BC bike race in 2013, so no new bikes before then.

What modifications are needed to cater for the X12 Syntace rear axle system? I am lookign at Hope 2 EVO hubs (6 bolt) with ZTR Crest rims