Best bike shops for Campag servicing in Joburg?

Sandro

The guys I normally go to don't seem to be able to get my gears right, which shops can you guys recommend? Don't want to mention names as they are a good shop and a decent bunch of guys, they just don't seem to be able o get it right after the third time and I'd rather just take it elsewhere. Thanks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys I normally go to don't seem to be able to get my gears right, which shops can you guys recommend? Don't want to mention names as they are a good shop and a decent bunch of guys, they just don't seem to be able o get it right after the third time and I'd rather just take it elsewhere. Thanks

What is the problem with your gears. Campy is sensetive to how the cable is cut. Make sure that it is not cut at an angle

For my Campy groupset, I'm the best at setting it.

But if you insist on a bike shop then I'd recommend Tony Impey Cycles in Bedfordview.

They both use Campy on their personal bikes.

Hi guys,

Sorry about this minor hijack, but I'm in the process of replacing all the cables (Campag) on my bike as well and if there's one thing my few years on this planet have taught me, it's if you want something done right... well, you know the rest.

As you were :)

Hi guys,

Sorry about this minor hijack, but I'm in the process of replacing all the cables (Campag) on my bike as well and if there's one thing my few years on this planet have taught me, it's if you want something done right... well, you know the rest.

As you were :)

I'm starting to think this is unofrtunately the only way.

Ha ha! No, it was perfect and basically after it was serviced the gears weren't as smooth and it throws the chain right over the big chainring sometimes and they just not getting it right. And I can't access my biggest sprocket when I'm in big blade and overall its just noisy, especially in big blade. Have decided to take it to Yellow Saddle tomorrow to see what they can do.Thanks Rcky Bobby.

Edited by Sandro

What is the problem with your gears. Campy is sensetive to how the cable is cut. Make sure that it is not cut at an angle

Please explain in more detail. How can you cut a cable at an angle and how does this cut affect shifting? The part that is cut sticks out from the side of the deraileurs.

Please explain in more detail. How can you cut a cable at an angle and how does this cut affect shifting? The part that is cut sticks out from the side of the deraileurs.

Sorry, meant the cable housing

Just look on Youtube and go what they do. Sounds to me like it's just your high and low screws. Simple. But tuning your bike on the road gets a different result to tuning it on the stand.

But if you insist on a bike shop then I'd recommend Tony Impey Cycles in Bedfordview.

+1

I can't access my biggest sprocket when I'm in big blade...

You shouldn't be crossing your chain like that. Use the smaller gears at the back when in the large ring and the larger gears when in the small ring. You should still have access to all your ratios.