Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

In all riding situations the sensible approach has been for the rider at the back to make his way past the RIDER in front. No one here has issue with this. The issue is bottlenecks caused purely because riders are climbing off and walking something that could be ridden, NOT BECAUSE there are 10 people trying to fit into a 2 people space that has suddenly come up. It's those stretches of single track where the hiker prefers to simply walk on the line, cos it's less muddy, firmer or simply just floats his boat knowing he paid his entry fee to behave however he wants, holding up everyone behind him! The OPs post was aimed at these people. He chose to label them dumbass.

Shot for the min pump. Schweeet, needed a spare....

I suggest you go read the OP... "Referring in particular to the bottle necks experienced this weekend at the USN cup race and other races"...what do you understand under a bottleneck? 1 person walking a piece of trail, or many congesting a piece of trail...actually nevermind

like they say in the classic....n pomp is pomp ou pel, your's will come with a complimentary broken collerbone

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've learnt from this thread, is that race organisers need to make deaf riders wear specially marked bibs or helmut covers or something to make them stand out in a crowd.

There was actually a guy that used to be at many of the RMBC and Pretoria events who had a sign on his back, basically saying "Please be patient I am deaf and cannot hear or know you are right behind" something to that effect. Could be wrong so apologies, but apparently the guy was somewhat mentally disabled.

**** me, but take all the pros etc out of the equation, that is a rider I admire and respect.

I suggest you go read the OP... "Referring in particular to the bottle necks experienced this weekend at the USN cup race and other races"...what do you understand under a bottleneck? 1 person walking a piece of trail, or many congesting a piece of trail...actually nevermind

like they say in the classic....n pomp is pomp ou pel, your's will come with a complimentary broken collerbone

Seriously?

So what then, that you're a bigger **** than the other guy because he/she doesn't kiss your ass to pass?

Macho stuff indeed.

Edited by RodTi
: Reported

What I've learnt from this thread, is that race organisers need to make deaf riders wear specially marked bibs or helmut covers or something to make them stand out in a crowd.

Or maybe everybody else should be given little pea shooters. These can be used to anounce their presence if shouting doesnt work

Or maybe everybody else should be given little pea shooters. These can be used to anounce their presence if shouting doesnt work

Paintball markers?

Seriously?

So what then, that you're a bigger **** than the other guy because he/she doesn't kiss your ass to pass?

Macho stuff indeed.

Yes i am....and proud of it.

When there are 20/30 people waiting to flow into a piece of track in a race and you shout "track....TRAAAAAAAACK" like you are the only one able to pass this extremely tech section giving yourself a hard-on by your self proclaimed awesomeness in the processes....you will get a pomp....if I have already "given" my pomp to tubehunter, you will get choice words, but if I were you I wouldn't chance it.

Edited by RodTi

Actually can relate to that.

Did a night event last year, team format of two. We were riding as a mixed team, Suzie and I came up behind two other riders on the last lap.

We were winning our cat and the course was made up of a lot of singletrack, we really politely asked for track and opportunity after opportunity for passing went by with mounting frustration and we had to go off route to pass.

One dude's front wheel connected with my back wheel, but nothing major. It then though when I heard him talk (sort of) that I realised that both of them were deaf.

Can't describe how absolutely *** I felt, like the lowest of the low. I mean how were we to know, but still. :blush: :blush:

At the finish, apoligesed profusely but both okes took it in their stride and we all had beers and hugs, brosef hugs mind you.

At Alpine Heath some years back, the race comm asked us to be aware that Terence Parkin was taking part and we should be patient if he doesn't move over for other riders.

Yes i am....and proud of it.

When there are 20/30 people waiting to flow into a piece of track in a race and you shout "track....TRAAAAAAAACK" like you are the only one able to pass this extremely tech section giving yourself a hard-on by your self proclaimed awesomeness in the processes....you will get a pomp....if I have already "given" my pomp to tubehunter, you will get choice words, but if I were you I wouldn't chance it.

there is a big difference between a knob who tries to pass from a 20 bike bottleneck and someone who politely asks to pass at the next opportunity. The knob is the same person who goes flying down the left hand lane in a traffic jam and then tries to slide in further down

Ok so before I start I need to state that I ride a mountain bike, love my sport and am, I believe very patent with non experienced riders, I wait and help wherever I can.

That being said I now have to rant about stupid slow idiots that buy a mountain bike and get off at the slightest little technical section or mud, it's a frikken mountain bike you tjops it's meant to get dirty and be ridden over the bump not walked!!!!!!!

This toy throwing session is thanks in no small part to all the weekend not-so-warriors that enter races to walk through the frikken south african bush rather than ride as "it's to technical and dirty". at the risk of being taken to pieces piss off and buy a road bike!!! Referring in particular to the bottle necks experienced this weekend at the USN cup race and other races.

Sincerely those that ride their mountain bikes.

You have perfectly summed up the 2 reasons I gave up entering MTB events:

1 - I am one of those slower riders on technical sections

2 - I got sick of being shouted out by people with the attitude shown in your post above

So I decide rather than paying R100 - R200, I'd stick to weekend riding with my mates on trails where events aren't being held, and spending maybe R20 to R30 a go.

If you don't like crowded trails - either get out in front, or if you can't, then don't enter

Either way, quit moaning.

there is a big difference between a knob who tries to pass from a 20 bike bottleneck and someone who politely asks to pass at the next opportunity. The knob is the same person who goes flying down the left hand lane in a traffic jam and then tries to slide in further down

100% couldn't agree more, no problem or issue with a simple "passing left/right" no need to announce you are there, I have found that shouting "track please" makes people nervous with wheels going all over the show.....the The OP in my mind had a problem with bottlenecks and it is what it is...freakin bottlenecks, not someone running out of talent.

So I decide rather than paying R100 - R200, I'd stick to weekend riding with my mates on trails where events aren't being held, and spending maybe R20 to R30 a go.

and on the cool sections you turn around and go it again