Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

At the Brigestone Route 69 day one ,a couple of us got hijacked to the back of the field by riders crossing over the road while we were going under the road .End result was 2h for the first 15km,3h for rest of 55km.The next day we were set of by time by the organisers,seeing we had timing chips on our shoes it did not matter when you started .Your race starts when you ride over the mat that picks up your number .So the winner is the fastest time and not the first guy to cross the line .Organisers should rather look at this type of timing system to spread out the field

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude it's like some one said earlier, if you any good you would have started the race upfront and would of avoided the beginners, and even better since its a mountain bike if you cant use the trail make your own trail.

Can you remember when you started riding MTB ,or we're you a pro from the start. We all have to start some where all these beginners are the ones that help keep the cost down because of the numbers that enter the race. They pay the same $ as you so have the right to ride . Go and ride with the pro's if you are so good and leve the plebs to ther race.

As much we have dissed the creator of this thread for their attitude, we should look at the orginisers with regards to bottle necks!...

They design the trails.. they know the numbers...

its easy... Just dont put the potential bottlenecks at the begining of the race.. Sorted...

I think there should be a sorting out zone for at least 5 km when the numbers get high... it should be wide and without sharp turns...

Can you remember when you started riding MTB ,or we're you a pro from the start.

I was a pro from the start. So long, losers.

A handful of years ago I did the inaugural Kzn Experience 70km race with my fiance. Unfortunately the organisers decided to start the funride around the halfway mark just in front of us (we weren't fast up the 1500m of climbing in the first 25km). This caused huge bottlenecks whenever there was singletrack, technical or portage sections - I timed around 2h30 that we were held up. Nothing we could do but make the most of it... chat to people and make friends.

I remember this one river crossing which was quite difficult - a very steep, muddy bank down to a narrow, widely spaced ladder which dropped you down to the slippery river bank where you hit the narrow bridge at speed. If you were off line it was tickets. There was an "easier" chicken run down the muddy bank where peeps were basically sliding down on their butts. Anyway, since I love a technical challenge and the fact that if you tried to ride it you had right of way, I rode it to a round of applause from the masses in the bottleneck. You don't usually have that many spectators (and a TV camera) when you try a technical bit like that for the first time. Luckily I didn't stuff it up... :D and I had lots people to chat to while I waited for my partner to port her bike across.

My point is that you just have to make the most of it even when you get dealt a rubbish hand.

Oh, and my fiance was still 5th lady home in the 70km race.

Edited by slick

Crackberry,our sport does not need idiots like you!!! Personally I think you are the dumbass!

Everybody has different level's of skill and confidence. What seems easy to you might be terrifying to a beginner.

What gives you the right to decide who must ride or walk what sections of track???

Show some level of maturity dumbass!

If you were a decent mtb rider you would anticipate the bottleneck and make a plan to get through it in the quickest possible way and push to make up the couple of minutes you lost! What are you doing at the back of the field anyway??

Man I get irritated with egotistical MTB riders who think they are Gods gift to mountain biking.

Crackberry just realise that your actions and attittude can chase people away from our awesome sport of mountain biking.

So you intend dissing the OP because he dissed a section of MTBers?? Hehe

I agree with the OP. Too many events have spinning junkies pushing serious average speeds till they get to the first of something resembling vaguely a technical section and then get off and hold up EVERYONE. I certainly am no pro, nor am I interested in agressivley racing, but when I do enter a MOUNTAIN BIKE event I intend ENJOYING the technical sections of the route or why bother right? If I wanted to go hiking with my bike I would find a hiking trail and go push it there instead.

Not everyone has the same bike skills granted, but everyone has the same opportunity to apply some (should be) common sense to the concept of walking OFF the line! It's not that difficult to read between the OP's frustration that this is all he is implying!

All of you crying foul about the beginners plight need to realise that a race caters to everyone, not just pros and beginners and if everyone simply showed an inkling of previously mentioned sense, all the races would be far more enjoyable for all who entered irrespective of ability.

Or just put a massive climb in the beginning,that should sort it out

Have you any idea the size of the bottleneck this would cause????????

Walking is contagious. It only takes one person to start to drag a bunch of similar minded scheeple into climbing off their bike.

every sport has its negatives, accept it move forward and enjoy the ride.

Why accept it when it can be sorted out by the organisers?

there will always be bottlenecks, the organisers can try to minimise it,but it only takes one to make a mistake and the domino affect will start, unless you fit a bullbar on your bike and ram everyone out of your way.

Yes it can...thats wher constructive criticism comes in.

Calling the okes dumbasses and telling them to piss off and buy a road bike is purile

Anyone notice the bottle neck at the WC in PMB XC up the hill

And those are all pros

Calling the okes dumbasses and telling them to piss off and buy a road bike TREK is purile

there will always be bottlenecks, the organisers can try to minimise it,but it only takes one to make a mistake and the domino affect will start, unless you fit a bullbar on your bike and ram everyone out of your way.

Mmmmm, sound interesting. Extreme XC.