Wich Helmut?

MariusC

Scott Watu is also in your price range, but I'd take the Bell for the crash replacement warranty.

How does the crash warranty work? Recently had a big off, Bell Ukon cracked in 3 places, probably would'nt be typing this if I had'nt worn a helmet.

I need a MTB helmet

Zuma comes with a detachable peak so you can use it for road and mtb. You would be hard pressed to find a better fitting reasonably priced helmet.

Recently bought a Fluid Kosmo at the argus expo. Got special price ~R500 and the thing is the business.

There is no black art to making helmets, I expect to see R200 models coming from chinese factories soon that rival the R1k plus crap that we buy because "it's your head".

Zuma comes with a detachable peak so you can use it for road and mtb. You would be hard pressed to find a better fitting reasonably priced helmet.

Had mine for a month and absolutely the best. Works well for MTB and has great ventilation, never mind the fit which was the main reason I chose it after trying several. Thought I got mine for a bargain at R800 and would gladly pay that again. Bontrager looks nice but a little heavy and not so good on keeping you cool.

Main thing with whichever you take is that it fits properly and does the business. Make sure you get to try it on first. No point having a replacement policy if it doesn't!

How does the crash warranty work? Recently had a big off, Bell Ukon cracked in 3 places, probably would'nt be typing this if I had'nt worn a helmet.

Do you still have your receipt?

Not sure of the exact numbers, but it's something like 40% off a new helmet when you bring the crashed one in. Limited to 2 or 3 years from your purchase date I think. Take it to the lbs you bought it from, they should be able to tell you more.

Zuma comes with a detachable peak so you can...

I thought he had a detachable shower head?

Bell Ukon is in that range. I was tail ended by a car and I landed on my back with my head whip lashing onto the tar, that helmet saved my life.

You get a crash policy that allows you to buy a new one at a 70% discount limited to the original purchase price.