!WEEKEND-WARRIOR!

J0KER

Sup Hubbers, in my quest to obtaining full knowledge of cycling terms and facts, I need your help !

I've heard people calling themselves weekend warriors, and I just wanna know exactly what it is and if you think you are one ??? Does it involve a certain kind of bike or riding ???

If you feel like showing your weekend-warrior-machine of choice, Just do it !

Thanx Hubbers !!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joh that's a HOT bike ! How much would such a setup cost ??? If I had to build one up myself ? :)

I am a weekend warrior.

I only go to battle on weekends in a race.

It involves me riding my delivery bike.

post-4100-0-62894900-1334940747.jpg

You lie! you b****r you lie! You are not a typical weekend warrior! You run/cycle during the week as well :whistling:

OP: Most working people do not have time to train during the week, so they only take the bikes out for a ride(walk?) over weekends. Hence weekend warriors

I am a weekend warrior.

I only go to battle on weekends in a race.

It involves me riding my delivery bike.

Dude. You have to show it in full race trim with the basket on the handlebars, and the dairymaid brolly over the seat area...

the term "weekend warrior" usually refers to someone who is a chop or lombard (lots of money but a real ****) whom through lack of skill but over-enthusiasm gets in the way of serious riders, and in doing so endangering themselves and others.

they are usually found causing bottle-necks at races whenever the course gets remotely technical, forcing them to get off and push.

they are the guys who think mountainbiking is about riding a gravel highway for 60km and bragging about it to their work colleagues (who dont give a ratts-ass either way) on monday morning, while the rest of us know that the true measure of a mountainbiker can be established in a couple of metres.

they have all the latest gear, carbon, spandex, oakley radar's, and think they look like bury stander when they see themselves in the reflection of car windows. they hardly ever go offroad, and pump their tires to 4.8 bar so that their average speed on tar can be that much higher when they go ride in the cradle with their 29ers (the ride for them is about quantity, not quality).

you get weekend-warriors in every sport, for instance, in aviation they are the guys slamming into mountains and killing all on board because they dont fly enough to be current and take the weather serious.

in kayaking they are the guys who can't do a proper roll, bail out of their boats, and have to be continually rescued by the other paddlers.

Edited by sadamhussein

the term "weekend warrior" usually refers to someone who is a chop or lombard (lots of money but a real ****) whom through lack of skill but over-enthusiasm gets in the way of serious riders, and in doing so endangering themselves and others.

they are usually found causing bottle-necks at races whenever the course gets remotely technical, forcing them to get off and push.

they are the guys who think mountainbiking is about riding a gravel highway for 60km and bragging about it to their work colleagues (who dont give a ratts-ass either way) on monday morning, while the rest of us know that the true measure of a mountainbiker can be established in a couple of metres.

they have all the latest gear, carbon, spandex, oakley radar's, and think they look like bury stander when they see themselves in the reflection of car windows. they hardly ever go offroad, and pump their tires to 4.8 bar so that their average speed on tar can be that much higher when they go ride in the cradle with their 29ers (the ride for them is about quantity, not quality).

you get weekend-warriors in every sport, for instance, in aviation they are the guys slamming into mountains and killing all on board because they dont fly enough to be current and take the weather serious.

in kayaking they are the guys who can't do a proper roll, bail out of their boats, and have to be continually rescued by the other paddlers.

Haha, well said!

We call them kooks in Surfing/ Bodyboarding.

Dude. You have to show it in full race trim with the basket on the handlebars, and the dairymaid brolly over the seat area...

and add some colour

Weekend warriors are the non judgemental ones that are not critical of others who are just enjoying their sport.

oh boohoo! cry me a river! does someone identify with the underdog here?

on the contrary, a weekend warrior is actually the one who thinks he knows it all because he spent the most money on his gear

Edited by sadamhussein

Personally I define a weekend warrior as somebody who only gets to ride the odd weekend (usually because they have other restrictions or obligations), and as a result they lack the skill or speed and fitness of more proficient riders.

Nothing to do with money or attitude.

oh boohoo! cry me a river! does someone identify with the underdog here?

on the contrary, a weekend warrior is actually the one who thinks he knows it all because he spent the most money on his gear

So you are a weekend warrior then?

:whistling: He is not a weekend warrior. He is a 'little general' who makes use of child soldiers to fight his fights for him :devil: