!WEEKEND-WARRIOR!

J0KER

the term "weekend warrior" usually refers to someone who is a chop or lombard (lots of money but a real ****) whom through lack of skill but over-enthusiasm gets in the way of serious riders, and in doing so endangering themselves and others.

they are usually found causing bottle-necks at races whenever the course gets remotely technical, forcing them to get off and push.

they are the guys who think mountainbiking is about riding a gravel highway for 60km and bragging about it to their work colleagues (who dont give a ratts-ass either way) on monday morning, while the rest of us know that the true measure of a mountainbiker can be established in a couple of metres.

they have all the latest gear, carbon, spandex, oakley radar's, and think they look like bury stander when they see themselves in the reflection of car windows. they hardly ever go offroad, and pump their tires to 4.8 bar so that their average speed on tar can be that much higher when they go ride in the cradle with their 29ers (the ride for them is about quantity, not quality).

you get weekend-warriors in every sport, for instance, in aviation they are the guys slamming into mountains and killing all on board because they dont fly enough to be current and take the weather serious.

in kayaking they are the guys who can't do a proper roll, bail out of their boats, and have to be continually rescued by the other paddlers.

Ahhh. a troll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the term "weekend warrior" usually refers to someone who is a chop or lombard (lots of money but a real ****) whom through lack of skill but over-enthusiasm gets in the way of serious riders, and in doing so endangering themselves and others.

they are usually found causing bottle-necks at races whenever the course gets remotely technical, forcing them to get off and push.

they are the guys who think mountainbiking is about riding a gravel highway for 60km and bragging about it to their work colleagues (who dont give a ratts-ass either way) on monday morning, while the rest of us know that the true measure of a mountainbiker can be established in a couple of metres.

they have all the latest gear, carbon, spandex, oakley radar's, and think they look like bury stander when they see themselves in the reflection of car windows. they hardly ever go offroad, and pump their tires to 4.8 bar so that their average speed on tar can be that much higher when they go ride in the cradle with their 29ers (the ride for them is about quantity, not quality).

you get weekend-warriors in every sport, for instance, in aviation they are the guys slamming into mountains and killing all on board because they dont fly enough to be current and take the weather serious.

in kayaking they are the guys who can't do a proper roll, bail out of their boats, and have to be continually rescued by the other paddlers.

Always interesting how guys who are so fast end up behind slow riders causing bottle necks.

oh boohoo! cry me a river! does someone identify with the underdog here?

on the contrary, a weekend warrior is actually the one who thinks he knows it all because he spent the most money on his gear

....and he gets all his pearls of wisdom from Bicycling magazine which he subscribes to, paying full price and not the Discovery Vitality discount... :ph34r:

Hahah SadamHussein makes the funniest comments :P ! I now understand what weekend warrior means ! Thanx for the comments !

Yip ,he's funny. The hubbers with mentally handicapped family are all rolling with laughter.

i recently started weekend war-ing...must say its more relaxed.you get the good hours of sleep(5-7) in the morning and wake up on a saturday thinking if or when you are going to ride...more of the other fun stuff open up because you are no longer commited to "die suid afrikanse" way of riding a bike

the waves were awesome today...did i mis my bike while inside a pit?hell no.

i have been riding a bike for quite some time and handling becomes second nature.. so just because i am war-ing(not the ladies of the night)doesnt mean i cant ride a bike.

Edited by BAGGY SPANDEX

Hi,

Good one for a Monday morning read. Now I know what I am. I am all of the above but without any money, skill or equipment worth talking about.

In spite of this I live for the weekends.

Have a great week

Sarge

Joh Bru.... that was harse.... and lekker funny......LOL..

Now I can start my Monday... This forum rocks!

Edited by Andro

life shouldn't be so serious that we cant laugh at ourselves. we ALL in one way or another fit the criteria of my description of what a WW is, myself included.

I'm glad some people found it entertaining! :thumbup:

Bu just to conclude.

The term weekend warrior is mostly used in a derogatory manner.

Best left to those who race housewives.

Bu just to conclude.

The term weekend warrior is mostly used in a derogatory manner.

Best left to those who race housewives.

I saw a "warrior" on SG over the weekend. I'd share, but all she had was a sword... I don't want to risk it...

I saw a "warrior" on SG over the weekend. I'd share, but all she had was a sword... I don't want to risk it...

Only about 25 days left B) B)