Why cyclists get killed....

Stuart Queripel

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He obviously hasn't installed Angry Birds Space yet...

i uninstalled it immediately - they have used a z co-efficient of 5.6 instead of 7.8 for the magnetic trajectory around earth. It makes it all wrong

i uninstalled it immediately - they have used a z co-efficient of 5.6 instead of 7.8 for the magnetic trajectory around earth. It makes it all wrong

But there is no "earth" in any of the Space episodes :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

But there is no "earth" in any of the Space episodes :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

well whatever that round thing in the middle is :D

edit: my daughter has it on her tab - its quite a blast

Edited by Stretch

It's much more exciting to ride without a helmet or lights. Sort of elemental, like a Highveld thunderstorm or hunting animals. Gets the adrenalin going and is cheaper than schnarf.

Was he at least wearing his iPod?

Edited by LeTurbo

Yes, Cpt. Slow did just that with his Sign Up -Up campaign. He did not kom-plane randomly on the interwebz, he started something which had a positive effect.A McClean, did not kom-plane about MTB hijackings , he started something with his own money, and invited others to participate by donating. Dangle & 'em did not kom-plane about it being unsafe to ride MTBs, they started the Cycling Safety group on FB!

No random moans, but action! No action here :(

Disagree x1000. Bothering to post something illustrative (and which potentially could lead to a penny dropping for one or more cyclists) and relating to cyclist behaviour on a cycling forum is taking action.

I have accidentally ended up on a road after dark before with no lights and the experience both scared the hell out of me and in the moment (and afterwards) I realised that I had been a complete and utter moron to put myself in that position. I've never made the same mistake again - and keep 2 small LED's on the bike or in the saddle bag just in case.

Fact is I see a number of cyclists regularly cycling before sunrise / after dusk - so I can only assume some (or perhaps many) cyclists are happy to take chances with their lives in this regard - or perhaps they somehow don't realise how exposed they are. Either way I think the OP's video could potentially change behavior or at least give someone pause to think abouit it.

The immediate reaction against the OP was bizarre and would tend to indicate that I may be wrong - rather it would seem most on the hub would never consider an opinion they don't already hold!

Disagree x1000. Bothering to post something illustrative (and which potentially could lead to a penny dropping for one or more cyclists) and relating to cyclist behaviour on a cycling forum is taking action.

I have accidentally ended up on a road after dark before with no lights and the experience both scared the hell out of me and in the moment (and afterwards) I realised that I had been a complete and utter moron to put myself in that position. I've never made the same mistake again - and keep 2 small LED's on the bike or in the saddle bag just in case.

Fact is I see a number of cyclists regularly cycling before sunrise / after dusk - so I can only assume some (or perhaps many) cyclists are happy to take chances with their lives in this regard - or perhaps they somehow don't realise how exposed they are. Either way I think the OP's video could potentially change behavior or at least give someone pause to think abouit it.

The immediate reaction against the OP was bizarre and would tend to indicate that I may be wrong - rather it would seem most on the hub would never consider an opinion they don't already hold!

I still say calling the guy a moron will have the exact opposite effect to what you describe.

I still say calling the guy a moron will have the exact opposite effect to what you describe.

maybe but I've seen much worse thown around here!

Put "uninformed cyclist" in the place of "moron" if that makes it sound better. The fact that he was riding without lights/reflective clothes and putting his life in danger is the actual point being made.

Put "uninformed cyclist" in the place of "moron" if that makes it sound better. The fact that he was riding without lights/reflective clothes and putting his life in danger is the actual point being made.

Point is, you'll more likely have a willing audience if you don't call people names.

You guys both have it wrong if you look carefully in the first post he called the guy a 'moroon' .. that's entirely different.

You guys both have it wrong if you look carefully in the first post he called the guy a 'moroon' .. that's entirely different.

Is a moroon a bloody idiot then...?!

Lets just call a spade a spade shall we?!

Edited by Mojoman