Silverback Range

BigD

Davezac on a serious note, you want new or used?

well with new obviously its just that, i know where and what its done. id consider a fairly good used one, why you have a contact?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well with new obviously its just that, i know where and what its done. id consider a fairly good used one, why you have a contact?

Just curious, but my honest opinion would be, "Get a road bike" :thumbup:

good luck, happy cycling(be aware once hooked, you can't escape)

I have a Silverback Dakota MTB. Cost me around R5000.00 a few years ago. It stood neglected in the garage for way too long, and I only started using it in February. I'm putting around 600km/month on it, mostly on very bad gravel roads at the moment and the bike has been very good to me. When I upgrade, I'll either go for the Vida or Storm. Silverback is good stuff.

Edited by CBS

I have a Vida 1 and can't fault it. Had a Phoenix before and loved every minute of it. Did Karoo to Coast on it and flew past some seriously expensive bikes. People have this perception that anything associated with a 'local' ( not anymore, German now as far as I know) that it is inferior. While I adore my Specialized road bike, I think the Silverback range are exceptional value. My bike weighs 10kgs and is full XT for 15k. How is that not good value?

Edited by Abercrombie

Just curious, but my honest opinion would be, "Get a road bike" :thumbup:

good luck, happy cycling(be aware once hooked, you can't escape)

haha, sorry 1hill, like the rough and tough, maybe when im all grown up ill change. hoping to be hooked, new to the scene and from all the research iv been doing, finding a wife is easier than finding a bike

haha, sorry 1hill, like the rough and tough, maybe when im all grown up ill change. hoping to be hooked, new to the scene and from all the research iv been doing, finding a wife is easier than finding a bike

haha true that, good luck,

many safe miles

Anyone have a Vida 1 or 2? Looks to be good value for money.

One of our regulars has just bought a Vida 1. That polished frame looks good. Other than the white Crest Rims, it looks like a decent package.

I have a Vida 1 and can't fault it. Had a Phoenix before and loved every minute of it. Did Karoo to Coast on it and flew past some seriously expensive bikes. People have this perception that anything associated with a 'local' ( not anymore, German now as far as I know) that it is inferior. While I adore my Specialized road bike, I think the Silverback range are exceptional value. My bike weighs 10kgs and is full XT for 15k. How is that not good value?

thanks iv heard that too, the mercury 1.0 might be a 26, but its dual, full XT, comes with cleats and proper tubeless for about the same price, for a beginner as myself, i dont think i can go wrong with it