Polar hrm vs garmin

solly

http://www.polar.fi/sites/default/files/CS500plus_frontleft_2.png

Price is just over R 2K from bikeinn.

where is bike in??

this looks good

Solly,

You can have mine...

Used, but in good condition (one small scratch on window).

Selling for R1800 (not neg), incl HR strap, IR connector and 2x bike mounts and speed sensors.

Let me know if you are interested (not even advertised yet).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its "offline" so no internet connection needed. $20 odd is once-off, you can also do bulk imports if you have saved your .fit files...very nice feature.

Plugins are the key that makes sporttracks so cool in my opinion

thanks rouxtjie... I'm busy downloading the trial version so will give it a bash... I see the upgrade is now $35 per the website... Can you also advise re this which was a later edit on my question?:

Also, re equipment tracking, does it automatically allocate downloads based on bike 1 2 or 3 as selected on the Edge 500 or do you need to manually allocate each download? Also, can it be set up so bike 1 defaults to road and bike to to MTB for eg - as I was surprised to see that this seemingly is not possible in Garmin connect or endomondo?

I like Sporttracks3, its like 20 dollars for a license and it gives you two keys for 2 installations.

Trainingpeaks I have heard is also good especially if you have a powermeter, bit more pricey. Don't know about the others to be honest

Where do you find sporttracks3 for Mac, I can only find for PC?

Just to chuck a spanner in the works, hows about one of these? Thinking about getting one. Currently have a S725x.

http://www.suunto.co...-Families/ambit

http://www.suunto.co...ambit-gps-watch

Suunto Ambit

http://watchreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ambit-black.jpg

I had a Suunto hiking watch and loved it until the battery died. Ordered the new battery kit, and rubber O ring seals which you need to replace at same time. I also liked that it was self-service for battery replacement .... except .... the seals never did, and the watch then died due to moisture getting in. Was still in warranty at that stage, and Suunto were great about replacing it - same thing happened on next battery replacement though, which was then out of warranty and that was the end of it. Loved the watch though - maybe the battery thing is better now.

Solly,

You can have mine...

Selling for R1800 (not neg), incl HR strap, IR connector and 2x bike mounts and speed sensors.

Selling yours to buy a Garmin after reading this fred?!

:lol:

Solly,

You can have mine...

haha no please take mine, also sitting in the cupboard.

I rode with my new Garmin today... Fan-tastic!

I downloaded the Garmin app from the Mac app store (not iOS), checked out my ride, put it on the web, checked it out on google / bing maps.

It just gives so much more data.

I'm so happy with it that Im like a kid on Christmas morning.

I can see the route and look at the data and see the areas I struggled, and where I just totally ran out of steam. I can also see where I went wrong when I compare my map to the map of Van Gaalens