Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS can't believe what I'm reading.

Obviously too much $ and too little grey.

Good coffee and a good percolator.

Good coffee = R200 / kg

Good percolator = R450

Can't help your dodgy tastebuds unfortunately... in the words of Dr Seuss - "Try it, you might like it..."

"Bean" reading the topic for a while....

Looking for a good espresso grinder for home. Any suggestions on where to find one?

I use a Francino Cherub.

http://www.fracino.com/uploads/images/FRACINO%20IMAGES%202012/NEW%20CHERUB.jpg

"Bean" reading the topic for a while....

Looking for a good espresso grinder for home. Any suggestions on where to find one?

I use a Francino Cherub.

Nice looking machine - why does it have what looks like 2 power switches on the front?

As to the grinder - try Importalia.co.za - they have a few to choose from - and are in the east rand.... of course it kind of depends on what you want to spend... the more the better...

One switch is for on/off. the 2nd activates the pump.

Machine is semi ok. Does a good extraction with a naked portafilter.

I'm looking at the Macap M5D on demand grinder...they're not cheap.

One switch is for on/off. the 2nd activates the pump.

Machine is semi ok. Does a good extraction with a naked portafilter.

I'm looking at the Macap M5D on demand grinder...they're not cheap.

Of course - that E61 looking group is missing the lever.... interesting...

I think the culinary group import the macap grinders - not 100% on that - they are at the entrance to Lanseria airport.

Yip, good copy of the E61...guess the pump switch acts as the lever.

Machine is made the the UK.

Yes, the culinary group are the ones. Hope to have a grinder by next week. Missing good coffee at home.

Yip, good copy of the E61...guess the pump switch acts as the lever.

Machine is made the the UK.

Yes, the culinary group are the ones. Hope to have a grinder by next week. Missing good coffee at home.

:) I know that importalia have a big pile of mazzer grinders - ready to leave...

Do you have a contact at importalia? Last time i looked, they were expensive!

Always been keen on Mazzer mini. Thought the on demand grinders made more sense.

Do you have a contact at importalia? Last time i looked, they were expensive!

Always been keen on Mazzer mini. Thought the on demand grinders made more sense.

Speak to Ben.

I think On-demand is the way to go - and my Robur-E works for me every day - don't think I will ever wear out that beast.. I also have a Mini Electric as well - plan to take it to work soon.... that was my previous grinder, and it is also a great machine, but needs a lot more attention to grind adjustments than the Robur - which is hugely forgiving, and only needs adjusting occasionally - maybe every 5 - 8 days, as the coffee ages.

I don't think it gets much better than the Robur!

I'll call them on Monday. Will either be a Mazzer mini or Macap M5D. Leaning towards the Macap with digital time dose.

Appreciate your thoughts.

A nice video of the Francino in action. He shows how to do it pretty well...

Far too slow... he should be brewing and doing the milk concurrently.... no reason not to with an HX machine....

In a café, his customers would be unhappy....

It is interesting he weights the cup while brewing and seemed to end brewing based on that, rather than when it blondes.. kind of hard to tell exactly - and he seemed to do the pour with the cup on the table rather than hold it in his hand.

Speak to Ben.

I think On-demand is the way to go - and my Robur-E works for me every day - don't think I will ever wear out that beast.. I also have a Mini Electric as well - plan to take it to work soon.... that was my previous grinder, and it is also a great machine, but needs a lot more attention to grind adjustments than the Robur - which is hugely forgiving, and only needs adjusting occasionally - maybe every 5 - 8 days, as the coffee ages.

as coffee ages, which way do you adjust the grind?