Coffee machine

223 pages of  coffee talk on a bike site!.

Well I probably know how to use my coffee machine a bit better than my MTB..

Iv got a San Remo Trevisio LX, a Casadio Enea grinder and a Gene roaster!

I see some guys have pretty sweet set ups with GS3s ect, but my best money spent was my Gene roaster!!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r1/YZ12588/Mobile%20Uploads/20141112_143447_zpseb630ab4.jpg

I Just bought a west bend popper to do some roasting at home :-) 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Just bought a west bend popper to do some roasting at home :-) 

The roasting part is actually fairly straight forward, its getting the beans out the popper and cool fast enough thats tricky!

The roasting part is actually fairly straight forward, its getting the beans out the popper and cool fast enough thats tricky!

Building it into a wooden box with some sort of swivel, that once it over I can yank a pin out and drop the beans into the cooling tray... 

Thats the idea anyway ha ha ha

Building it into a wooden box with some sort of swivel, that once it over I can yank a pin out and drop the beans into the cooling tray... 

Thats the idea anyway ha ha ha

Stick a small PC cooling fan under the tray and you will have a winner setup!

I see some guys have pretty sweet set ups with GS3s ect, but my best money spent was my Gene roaster!!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r1/YZ12588/Mobile%20Uploads/20141112_143447_zpseb630ab4.jpg

Awesome wacker. Where did you buy the roaster? I was looking at a Solar 2kg roaster but the Gene is much simpler to install - basically plug & play vs proper installation.

I bought my Gene from Dirkus at BeanRushcoffee.co.za

I can PM you his number, he is very reasonable and i know he has a few about to arrive! I have had mine nearly 2 years and probably roasted about 60kg of coffee at least with it!

How about a session on the day of Epic registration in CT? I know SimpleDom and I will both be down...

Yes!!!

I suspect a few of us are interested in Roasting - but in my normal fashion I have been analysing this beyond the point of reasonableness.... and of course - I live within 4km of at least 5 different roasters...

might try and organise with work to be there at that time as well, keep us updated  please