Singletrack-up or down.

The Search

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The IMBA decided on these rules many years ago. I know what a RPK is. I was also in the army. Aren't we lucky to have people like you in the world that think that the loudest voice wins the argument.

I'm going riding now. I'll be sure to yield to all P's like you.

I am not arguing with you or the rules smarty pants, I am actually agreeing as the rules seem logic and a bit of common sense (if you have any) goes a long way.

Yes, yield! Glad you finally got the message :lol:

I ride up and down singletrack and i have NO problem giving way to the dude coming down as when its my turn to go down i expect the dude going up to give way as the main focus of mtb is gunning down singletrack take that pleasure away and whats the point of climbing . SO Stevief says give way to the dude coming down....case closed.

surely the better bike has right of way?

29er definitely has right of way - in both directions... :devil:

While i personally prefer that the rider coming down gets right of way, it doesn't always make sense.

For example, if one rider is coming down and a large group is coming up, surely it makes more sense for the one coming down to let the group past and then continue without having to slow down while people move out the way.

While i personally prefer that the rider coming down gets right of way, it doesn't always make sense.

For example, if one rider is coming down and a large group is coming up, surely it makes more sense for the one coming down to let the group past and then continue without having to slow down while people move out the way.

The reason why I started this topic was because of youre group of 10 plus that cycled in Jonkers yesterday. There was only one guy that sweared at me and did not give way. I was the 2nd guy coming down middle Canary Path. The rest was friendly,gave way and was spread out quite a bit going up the singletrack. I worked hard to get to the top to fly down the singletrack. I stop for guys going down and even guys that want to past me going down and I'm not that slow. Maybe I must stick to Welvanpas where if you go counter-clockwise,you climb of if somebody come down the singletrack.

Edited by The Search

Y not?

surely we not reinventing that wheel covie.

but if u feel safe enough and know exactly where a rider at speed with full right of way is, then sure, go for it.

International folklore says people going up have right of way, and a lot of SA seems to have adopted that mentality. Though going through old PPA and CSA manifesto's they actualy have it right and state people going down have right of way. Its safer as.

1. 99% of ST is designed to be ridden downhill and thats generally accepted.

2. The people going down do so at speed, and have less time to react or find a place to pull over

3. Going down you have more noise and your only looking 5-10m ahead of you and by the time you see an uphill rider its generally too late.

The return of argument of the uphill riders .....

1 ... It takes more effort to stop and start again.

I agree with you. I'm not tiny, so don't stop that easy and will flatten some of the skinny people. Sorry for flogging the dead horse.

Did you ride Welvanpas this weekend.

Edited by The Search

No sadly didnt have a chance thought id move it out to Tuesday but i see loads of rain for Monday not sure how well WVP drains after rain ....

BTW flogging dead things is the most fun :)

surely we not reinventing that wheel covie.

but if u feel safe enough and know exactly where a rider at speed with full right of way is, then sure, go for it.

Cant they just jump over me?