Singletrack-up or down.

The Search

Gee, All these years of witty remarks to riders blocking the DH track.

I must say i find it strange that people would ride up a DH track or even a ST if there is othere roads to get you to the top. The idea is to get to the top and eat the pudding on the way down. well just shows you are never....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, All these years of witty remarks to riders blocking the DH track.

I must say i find it strange that people would ride up a DH track or even a ST if there is othere roads to get you to the top. The idea is to get to the top and eat the pudding on the way down. well just shows you are never....

Hannes going uphill on ST is some of the best strength and balance training you will ever get, Its also generally the shortest way to the top :D. However that sparks the whole right of way debate, Which to me is still a no brainer. But yeah what can one do except accept that this is one of those debates that will never be solved as is proven on the hub every year.

Mayhem if people actually had common sense your theory would work in general ...... people are just common without the sense.

Yeah. Meh. See it every day, dude.

Who must stop for who? Always tough its the guys going down that have the right of way.

funny you didn't do your name justice

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/43888-right-of-way-on-singletracks-who-has-it/page__hl__%22right+of+way%22__fromsearch__1

jirrah, is this horse deader than the 29er one, or the campy/shimano edition?

downhill tracks: no question, clearly down only

bidirectional singletrack: Uphill has right of way, but courtesy and your own judgement comes into it. If you're going to be a tjop and ride during busy times then you deserve to get a klap, be it intentional or not.

Problem comes in on the grey area where bidirectional singletrack where there are steep/fast sections, common sense is the guide.

Actually the only solution is to have all the trails one way only, like Giba Gorge. Tokai, or most other places, would need a lot more single track for it to work though. And then there are the trail runners and horses to deal with...