SRAM vs SHIMANO

J0KER

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes yes yes, thats all well and good but, at the end of the day that bull will still end up between two slices of bread and the matador won't, hell be very, very sore but he won't be dinner at 2 for 1 mondays at spur

???ZWEEEOOOW eish.. Must be a CPT thing............................ :huh:

shimano does have a fishing division, thats quite cool

i wish sram owned a fishing company, all sram owns is rockshox, avid, truvitiv and zipp

because everyone knows that making fishing rods makes a shimano equipped bike better...

I have a DJ bike that I ride everywhere with. Literally.

After years of riding, a new frame, few forks and countless rims, it remains 8 speed cassette and chain with old xtr rear deraileur.

The xtr rear deraileur comes off my old xc bike and is still going strong and i swear that thing must be like, 5 years old. I just replace the jockey wheels every year and great success.

BUT oh how i wish i could dress her in shiny SRAM.....

...and thats exactly when reality kicks in and reminds me that i cant AFFORD to replace XO chains and cassettes every 1600km's.

Buy what you can afford.

not what you can afford right now, but what you can afford for the duration of your bike's life.

Unfortunately that's a pay off you have to unwillingly accept, I have to replace a cassette and chain every 2 months. Guess its just something you accept, like the pay off with schwalbe tires, depressing but ultimately it's worth it for the performance upgrade.