Whatever you do dont fly mango

Baster Brak

Bullsh1t Mango you are lying, they knew how many bikes to expect, they where all pre booked, spoke to some other passengers, this crap started the day before, so plain and simple MANGO IS LYING, our bikes arrived at 11:30 at night, this ment we ended up with 4 hrs sleep the night before the race, went 17 min slower than last year on day 1, so thank you Mangi for stuffing up my Sani, I put in many hours of training just to have it stuffed up by some lying airline who actually could'nt care, and to make it better I now see you can win a R200 voucher for Mango on the Hub, how effing ironic, MANGO, take your R200 voucher and stuff it were the sun don't shine, next year I take the train

So you made it to the race but you did not win the race as you expected????? You now finished 17 minutes late. Were you now finisher no 371 instead of finisher no 253.

Get over it and get a life man!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck guys you need to Fly luxury class now and then for perspective, Sky van.

Plenty room for bikes.

This was the view forwards and backwards from my seat this week.

My return flight was cancelled yesterday as the operator did not get his fuel delivery.

If the weather holds I may get out tomorrow.

post-63-0-10086400-1337401343.jpg

post-63-0-49892100-1337401399.jpg

Plenty room for bikes.

My return flight was cancelled yesterday as the operator did not get his fuel delivery.

Flew in a Russian bush plane once....... Did not have a toilet in it. One of the lady passengers went to the back and dumped on the floor.

Plenty room for bikes.

Nice!

So you made it to the race but you did not win the race as you expected????? You now finished 17 minutes late. Were you now finisher no 371 instead of finisher no 253.

Get over it and get a life man!!!!!!!!!!

Actually top 25 last year and still top 35 this dispite Mango, so maybe you get a life and train a bit more

Actually top 25 last year and still top 35 this dispite Mango, so maybe you get a life and train a bit more

if the race is so NB to you i dont think you should trust an airline to get your bike a to b day or two ahead of start, palukas are bound to add stress to your life

I have flown( piloted.....crewed ) there aircraft for them a number of times over the last year( no I am not employed or work for Mango,just drive there machine when they short of flightdeck crew) they are a well 'oiled machine" and definately an airline I can recommend to people. What happened to you, could have happened on any other airline, and trust me it does. I hope you will catch your breath in the time to come as they have without doubt taken some energy out of you.

@baster is pissed off and rightly so - no need to make sarkie comments and crit his travel arrangements - just one of those things that happens at an unfortunate time - and i am sure a lesson has been learnt - not sure what he would do differently next time - anyway - hard luck bud - hope the three days was enjoyable enough to forget about it by the end...at least you werent part of the stolen trailer crew

@baster is pissed off and rightly so - no need to make sarkie comments and crit his travel arrangements

Stretch , sorry I am missing what you are trying to say?

Stretch , sorry I am missing what you are trying to say?

not related to your comment - but to the ones previous about better planning and about not winning

not related to your comment - but to the ones previous about better planning and about not winning

Sure , thanks just was not sure what you were trying to say. Have a good evening, I am out of here.

I dedicate Act 1 scene 8 from "The Phantom of the Opera" specially to you, you really deserve it!!!

Thanks, and make it a comedy because OOPS MANGO DID IT AGAIN, on the flights last night flying back we where all informed that as the airport in George is allrwady closed(now we are flying to Slaapstad and not George) they had to take on extra fuel, and as such they had to offload 125 pieces of luggage, I just cannot understand this, how come Kulula, Onetime BA and even SAA can get it right but MANGO (actually the name now makes sense because they are a bit fruity in the way they conduct there business) just cant get it right, they also waited until we where in the air prior to them informing us,even though most cyclist expected something was afoot when we where 30minutes late in departing, this time though I got lucky and my bike arrived, dispite the fact that the bike box was ripped open at the bottom, I think one wiff of 3day old cycling kit deturred the f@cker from trying to steal anything out the box, but I am aware of at least one passenger who car and house keys where in his luggage that was again offloaded, thanks MANGO, you justified why I beleive you lost a couple of hundred passengers due to your inability to plan properly

I dedicate Act 1 scene 8 from "The Phantom of the Opera" specially to you, you really deserve it!!!

for this simple reason that our local airlines and acsa are not reliable, we decided to drive from jhb to dbn airport and took the shuttle. It added many hrs to our travel time but we were assured of our arrival. Sorry about your bad luck.

Where's FlyMango when you need him?

Doing the Adventure I was! Having flown BA nogal. Several people from Cape Town had problems with Kulula and Mango. The main Mango problem seemed to be CO2 bombs in luggage, and the main Kulula problem seemed to be a weight problem with bikes and/or bags being offloaded from code shared BA aircraft. One of my mates only got his luggage at 4AM before the start (Mango), and another mate got his luggage at about 10PM the night before the start (Kulula). Clearly the airlines aren't yet finely tuned into the logistical challenges of getting to the event. And us cyclists must surely by now know we can't put CO2 bombs into our luggage (well at least my mate didn't know). Perhaps a dialogue between the airlines and the organisers might help, especiallly now with the Trail which I'm sure proportionately has a lot more people coming from further afield.