Sportsmans Warehouse

DylanFH

I have scored from from time to time is the "bargain table" at the Value Mall branch of SW. I have picked up some cool Park Tool and Pedro's stuff for next to nothing.

Ja, sometimes the sports books are at a good price on the specials table.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, sometimes the sports books are at a good price on the specials table.

Yeah, got a DVD or two from them.

... Staff turnover in a company like ours is high. Its reality, people now days are un reliable.

IMNSHO, if you want loyalty, either get a dog or pay more.

. If its on the weekend most of the other staff are unfortunately flexi staff and dont have the product knowledge like our permanents have.

This explains everyone on here's frustration with the chain - no knowledgeable people when we can get to the shop

I think you may be onto a good thing here - if you run the shop as to what it is being portrayed here - a shop dedicated to cycling, branded as SWH. Look after your staff first, and they will look after your customers. Good luck with your endeavors, and keep us updated!

Camelbak MULE NV

SWH : R1700

CRC : R945

that is a R755 difference! Daylight robbery if you ask me.

Thats taking the piss a bit :eek: If they get the prices inline or better then the LBS I would certainly support them.

I support my LBS because they are simply that.

S.W is a massive chain with huge staff turnover, and buying power, yet we dont always see the savings.

I would rather go to my LBS as I always get a discount, get acknowledged by name and a smile. They keep a record of everything done to my bikes under my name, and the workshop is clean, open and visible for all to see which is important I think.

Dont think you will ever get that from S.W and I woudld rather pay R100 more for a service form my LBS.

Camelbak MULE NV

R899 at Solomons (this month's special), R960 at Cape Multi Sports.

Ouch @ SWH

Ouch @ SWH

CRC price is without import taxes. I still agree that the guys will have to wake up to the fact that we buy internationally now - but dont forget about the taxes...

Ouch @ SWH

Cool, but I think it's not the 2012 version though...

Well if you offer a good range of products at competitive prices then I will support you. Ny local bike shops are clueless anyway so my motivation is savings, I do my own homework. I also think most LBS's are only interested in you when you have wads of cash to fan around, which I don't have.

I fully agree....I have had quite shocking service from some of these so called pros...i will do my own homework and buy what I need...

Camelbak MULE NV

Is like anything when you want to buy, you shop around for the best price, irrespective of who sells it whether online, LBS or I guess SW.

Merida Matts TFS 500: slightly different spec on fork and wheels

Cycle Lab R8,4999.00 http://www.cyclelab.com/products/MERIDA%20MATTS%20TFS%20500%20(2012).aspx

SW R6,999.95 http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/action-sports/mountain-biking/bikes-1/merida-matts-tfs-500-d-mountain-bike.html

Guys remember im talking about fourways store here, I dont have influence over the other stores. i want my branch to be a success and get to the point where we will, maybe not a first choice, but a close second, even to the biggest critics.

we are busy putting the final touches into our store as i type, hopefully I get to see some of you guys in here soon, it is already open from tomorrow to the public so pop in. unfortunately im still on night shift till we complete everything, but as of next week wednesday come and ask for me by name (Dylan- floor manager). It will be good to meet you guys and discuss whatever is on your mind. remember I do have alot of input but you guys are the pros and have the good suggestions. only with your comments/advice can we make this a better shopping experience for you.

Dylan

Good luck with your venture, I must say that I shop at Cyclelab up the road and on numerous occasions when they don't have a product, I have been directed to your store by them. Recently I needed an attachment for my GoPro, your staff was very accommodating in checking that it fitted the bike and camera before I left your store.

We are in business to make profits or else the business model would not be sustainable. Passion does not pay the rent. I love what I do, but if it doesn't pay, I can't feed my family.

Guys remember im talking about fourways store here, I dont have influence over the other stores. i want my branch to be a success and get to the point where we will, maybe not a first choice, but a close second, even to the biggest critics.

we are busy putting the final touches into our store as i type, hopefully I get to see some of you guys in here soon, it is already open from tomorrow to the public so pop in. unfortunately im still on night shift till we complete everything, but as of next week wednesday come and ask for me by name (Dylan- floor manager). It will be good to meet you guys and discuss whatever is on your mind. remember I do have alot of input but you guys are the pros and have the good suggestions. only with your comments/advice can we make this a better shopping experience for you.

Guilty by association, that's the problem.

Good luck, will pop into the store in a week or two to give you some feedback